In the first, a resident of the 2400 block of Cloverfield Circle in unincorporated Herndon, told police someone entered the residence and took property on July 19.
The other three took place on July 20:
- 1700 block of Ascot Way, Reston. A resident reported someone entered the apartment and took property.
- 12800 block of Kettering Drive in Fox Mill. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 2700 block of Viking Drive, Fox Mill. A resident reported someone entered the garage and took property.
In other crime news reported by the Fairfax County Police Reston District Station this week:
- 1400 block of Northpoint Glen Court, laptop computer from residence
- 11100 block of Sunset Hills Road, cell phone from business
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, catalytic converter from vehicle
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, exhaust system from vehicle
- 13300 block of Apgar Place, license plate from vehicle
- 9900 block of Blackmore Vale Way, property from residence
- 2100 block of Cabots Point Lane, bicycles from residence
- 2400 block of Green Range Drive, clothing from business
- 2500 block of John Eppes Road, purse from vehicle
- 9800 block of Meadow Valley Drive, wallet from business
- 1600 block of Sadlers Wells Drive, money from vehicle
- 12100 block of Sunset Hills Road, money from business
- 2100 block of Westglade Court, license plates from vehicle
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, tools from vehicle
- 2300 block of Soapstone Drive, cell phone from business
- 10900 block of Knights Bridge Court, medication from residence
- 2200 block of Astoria Circle, Yamaha YZSR6 motorcycle
- 1600 block of Parkcrest Circle, 2006 Scion XB
The Barton Hill Recreation Area in Reston is slated for upgrades (via Google Maps) Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
A public art piece inspired by the connectivity and energy of atoms has been erected in Reston Town Center’s Hyatt Park. Called “Vidustria,” the installation is drawn from the word…
A man walks by trash bins next to the curb (via Trinity Nguyen on Unsplash) (Updated at 1:25 p.m.) The service and staffing challenges plaguing trash collectors throughout Fairfax County…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.