Reston artists: Gather your best mural ideas and head to Reston Town Center Sept. 5 and 6.
The Initiative for Public Art Reston (IPAR) is sponsoring the first ChalkFest at RTC. A similar event took place and was well received earlier this year at Lake Anne Plaza.
The event is open to amateurs of all ages, as well as to professional artists.
Here is what you need to know:
- Visit IPAR’s website to register. You must register in advance.
- Space reservations are $15 ($20 for professionals)
- Professionals and teams of more than three can begin their work Friday, Sept. 5 at 11 a.m. Other artists will work from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.on Saturday, Sept. 6.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for each category: professionals, amateurs, audience choice and families and kids.
- IPAR will provide the chalk.
- For more information, read these rules and tips from IPAR.
A plan to redevelop two parcels on Association Drive in Reston (via Fairfax County) Hundreds of residential units on two parcels on Association Drive could be on the horizon. The…
Fairfax County’s police helicopters have a new base of operations. The emergency choppers and their crews will now be housed at the Fairfax County Police Department’s new David M. Rohrer…
A net goes up at Capital One Park, a new baseball stadium set to open in Tysons on March 31 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Family of Man Killed by…
(Updated at 6:10 p.m.) Fairfax County police are investigating the deaths of two people whose bodies were found on a trail in Reston’s Stratton Woods area. Officers are currently at…