The Initiative for Public Art Reston (IPAR) is sponsoring the first ChalkFest at RTC. A similar event took place and was well received earlier this year at Lake Anne Plaza.
The event is open to amateurs of all ages, as well as to professional artists.
Here is what you need to know:
- Visit IPAR’s website to register. You must register in advance.
- Space reservations are $15 ($20 for professionals)
- Professionals and teams of more than three can begin their work Friday, Sept. 5 at 11 a.m. Other artists will work from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.on Saturday, Sept. 6.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for each category: professionals, amateurs, audience choice and families and kids.
- IPAR will provide the chalk.
- For more information, read these rules and tips from IPAR.
Learn why a federal employee should hire a federal employment lawyer when needed in the latest Legal Insider.
Monday, October 18 Climate Change: Preparing for the New Normal in Virginia (5 p.m.) — Jim Kinter, a George Mason University professor and director of its Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies,…
Inova Bloodmobile (via Inova Blood Donor Services/Facebook) Local blood supplies have reached critically low levels, creating a potential crisis with hospitals operating at maximum capacity, Inova Health Systems reports. The…
Reduced Metro Service Today — Expect reduced Metro service today as the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority investigates the recent Blue Line derailment. Metro is holding all of its 7000-series…