The Initiative for Public Art Reston (IPAR) is sponsoring the first ChalkFest at RTC. A similar event took place and was well received earlier this year at Lake Anne Plaza.
The event is open to amateurs of all ages, as well as to professional artists.
Here is what you need to know:
- Visit IPAR’s website to register. You must register in advance.
- Space reservations are $15 ($20 for professionals)
- Professionals and teams of more than three can begin their work Friday, Sept. 5 at 11 a.m. Other artists will work from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.on Saturday, Sept. 6.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for each category: professionals, amateurs, audience choice and families and kids.
- IPAR will provide the chalk.
- For more information, read these rules and tips from IPAR.
Better A Life has officially launched a food distribution site in Reston (courtesy Better A Life) A Loudoun County nonprofit organization is expanding into Reston with a new food distribution…
Written by Mina Lucks, Synergy Design & Construction The soul of a home is found in the spaces where we cook, gather, and recharge, such as the kitchen and the bathroom….
Ferndale Avenue at the Herndon Parkway intersection (via Google Maps) Upgrades to Ferndale Avenue and improvements to police infrastructure are among the new projects proposed in Herndon’s Capital Improvement Plan…
Fairfax County Government Center (staff photo by James Jarvis) As anticipated, Fairfax County is looking at a tight budget for the coming year that will once again lean primarily on…