Officers from Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station arrested three suspects following a robbery at a convenience store in the 9900 block of Georgetown Pike early Monday.
Police said three men entered the 7-Eleven in Great Falls and took beer without paying. While fleeing, the suspects assaulted a store employee ,who was subsequently transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Responding police officers located all three suspects and took them into custody. Diego Anticona, 28, of Herndon was charged with robbery and resisting arrest. Jorge Anticona-Choy, 27, of Herndon was charged with robbery. Juan Ramos-Marroquin, 33, of Chantilly was charged with robbery.
In other crime news:
Fairfax County Police report that four break-ins occurred in Reston in the last week. In two incidents, property was stolen.
In the first incident, a resident reported an unknown man walked into a home in the 2300 block of Colts Brook Drive. The man entered through an unlocked door, police said. The suspect also entered the victim’s vehicle. Nothing was taken.
There was another attempted burglary in the 11700 block of Olde English Drive on Aug. 22 at 1:41 a.m. A resident reported an unknown man entered the residence through an unsecured door. The suspect left immediately when the he heard someone was in the home. Nothing was taken.
The resident described the suspect was described as black and approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall.
There were two burglaries reported on Aug. 21. A resident of the 1800 block of Old Reston Ave, told police someone entered the residence and took property. The other burglary was in the 11700 block of North Shore Drive. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 1400 block of North Point Village Center, electronic equipment from business.
- 2200 block of Colts Neck Road, electronic equipment from vehicle.
- 400 block of Arnon Chapel Road, laptop computer, and purse from residence.
- 9600 block of Beach Mill Road, property from vehicle.
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, cell phone from business.
- 2200 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, wine from business.
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise from business.
- 2100 block of Monaghan Drive, bicycle from residence.
- 1200 block of Rowland Rive, wallet from vehicle.
- Springwood Drive/Karbon Hill Court, cell phone from vehicle.
- 11400 block of South Lakes Drive, wallet from school.
- 12000 block of Holly Leaf Court, wallet from location
- 12500 block of Thunder Chase Drive, license plate from vehicle
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, boxes of candies from business.
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, lighter from business.
- 2300 block of Meadow Willow circle, bicycle from residence.
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Embarking on the holiday season demands…
Gov. Glenn Youngkin announces a “Building Blocks for Virginia Families” plan to increase funding for early childhood education (Official Photo by Christian Martinez, Office of Governor Glenn Youngkin) With the…
A renovation of Lake Thoreau pool has been completed (courtesy Reston Association/YouTube) The renovation of Reston’s Lake Thoreau pool has officially been completed in time for the 2024 pool season….