Six-hundred-four vehicles passed through the checkpoint, police said. Police issued three summonses were issued and made one criminal arrest.
FCPS officers from the Sully, Reston and Fair Oaks Police districts also participated in a directed patrol on Friday, charging three with DWI and issuing 49 summonses.
In other crime news for the week ending Sept. 15:
- 13000 block of Poener Place, Sept. 14. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 11900 block of Freedom Drive, laptop computer and electronic device from vehicle.
- 11700 block of Ledura Court, bicycle from residence.
- 1800 block of Explorer Street, wallet from business.
- 1800 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, beverages from business.
- 1400 block of North Point Village Center, merchandise from business.
- 13100 block of Parcher Avenue, beverages from business.
- 1700 block of Port Place, wallet from business.
- 1600 block of Becontree Lane, purse from vehicle.
- 600 block of Brockman Court, wallet and phone from business.
- 2100 block of Centreville Road, merchandise from business.
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, beverages from business.
- 9000 block of Weant Drive, cash and property from residence.