Police spokesman Lucy Caldwell says officers were called to the scene about 7:15 p.m. after the complainant said a large group of teens were assembled.
By the time police arrived, the group had scattered, said Caldwell.
The police brought in the helicopter and a bloodhound to help track possible suspects. While the officers were searching, they heard what sounded like gunshots, but they were coming “from some distance away,” said Caldwell.
After checking area hospitals, police did not find any evidence of a shooting with injuries, Caldwell said.
In other crime news this week from Reston District Station:
INDECENT EXPOSURE, 2400 block of Masons Perry Drive, Sept. 21. A woman was in a parking lot when a man exposed himself. The suspect was described as black, in his 30’s and about 5 feet 11 inches tall.
ATTEMPTED ROBBERY, 1300 block of Mason Mill Court, Sept. 20. The victim was approached by a man while in the garage of his residence. The suspect produced a handgun and demanded money. The victim resisted and the suspect fled on foot. The victim did not require rescue. The suspect was described as white, between 5 feet 10 and 6 feet 2 inches tall.
- 12500 block of Philmont Drive, Sept. 19. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 1100 block of Waterline Pointe Ln, Sept. 20. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 2100 block of Monaghan Drive, Sept. 16. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 11600 block of Plaza America Drive, electronic device from business.
- 12100 block of Sunset Hills Road, bicycle from business.
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, beverages from business.
- 1100 block of Plaza America, property from business.
- 11600 block of Stoneview Square, phone from business.
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, beverages from residence.
- 9800 block of Faust Drive, purse from vehicle.
- 1800 block of Michael Faraday Drive, wallet from business.
- 12200 block of Sunset Hills Road, license plates from vehicle.
- 1500 block of North Point Drive, 2002 BMW Xi.
FCPS is ramping up efforts to provide on-site testing and prepare for vaccinations for elementary school-aged kids, including by enlisting a third party that hasn’t been publicly identified yet. Although…
An illustration of a coronavirus (via CDC/Unsplash) After seeing COVID-19 cases climb throughout August, Fairfax County seems to be finishing September at a plateau in the Delta variant-driven surge that…
A 3 BD/2.5 BA condo with a one-car garage and a clubhouse with a fitness center and pool was recently listed for rent in Reston.
A former youth minister at a Reston church faces multiple charges related to the unlawful filming of a minor. Douglas Johnson worked as a youth minister at St. John Neumann…