Fairfax County Police converged in the 2300 block of Old Trail Dr. in Reston Monday night after they were tipped off on impending fight with possible gunfire.
Police spokesman Lucy Caldwell says officers were called to the scene about 7:15 p.m. after the complainant said a large group of teens were assembled.
By the time police arrived, the group had scattered, said Caldwell.
The police brought in the helicopter and a bloodhound to help track possible suspects. While the officers were searching, they heard what sounded like gunshots, but they were coming “from some distance away,” said Caldwell.
After checking area hospitals, police did not find any evidence of a shooting with injuries, Caldwell said.
In other crime news this week from Reston District Station:
INDECENT EXPOSURE, 2400 block of Masons Perry Drive, Sept. 21. A woman was in a parking lot when a man exposed himself. The suspect was described as black, in his 30’s and about 5 feet 11 inches tall.
ATTEMPTED ROBBERY, 1300 block of Mason Mill Court, Sept. 20. The victim was approached by a man while in the garage of his residence. The suspect produced a handgun and demanded money. The victim resisted and the suspect fled on foot. The victim did not require rescue. The suspect was described as white, between 5 feet 10 and 6 feet 2 inches tall.
- 12500 block of Philmont Drive, Sept. 19. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 1100 block of Waterline Pointe Ln, Sept. 20. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 2100 block of Monaghan Drive, Sept. 16. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 11600 block of Plaza America Drive, electronic device from business.
- 12100 block of Sunset Hills Road, bicycle from business.
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, beverages from business.
- 1100 block of Plaza America, property from business.
- 11600 block of Stoneview Square, phone from business.
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, beverages from residence.
- 9800 block of Faust Drive, purse from vehicle.
- 1800 block of Michael Faraday Drive, wallet from business.
- 12200 block of Sunset Hills Road, license plates from vehicle.
- 1500 block of North Point Drive, 2002 BMW Xi.
Fairfax County set height limits for flag poles, among other changes, with its zoning ordinance modernization in 2021 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A day after neighboring Arlington County made…
The Fairfax County Courthouse (staff photo by Jay Westcott) In response to calls for additional legal assistance, Fairfax County is poised to establish a self-help resource center in the library…
Police line up on Route 7 during an armed robbery pursuit (via @notaveryh/Twitter) Police took two people into custody yesterday (Thursday) after a reported armed robbery in Great Falls turned…
A Fairfax County police car (file photo) Police have identified the couple that was found dead in Reston Tuesday (March 21) afternoon in what they say was a murder-suicide. According…