Then nominate them by Nov. 7 for the 24th annual Best of Reston Awards.
The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce and Cornerstones team together annually to honor those who have made an impact in the community.
The 2015 awards will take place on April 30 at the Hyatt Regency Reston.
Proceeds from the Best of Reston benefit the programs of Cornerstones, which provides affordable housing and comprehensive support services to individuals and families in need.
The Best of Reston set — and met — a goal of raising $1 million over the last two years to aid Cornerstones. That enabled the nonprofit to purchase 50 homes to add to its stock of affordable housing in the community, said Cornerstones CEO Kerrie Wilson.
Here is the criteria for selection, which is done by committee:
Awardees will be selected for working selflessly without consideration of recognition to improve the greater Reston community/Dulles Corridor region served by the sponsoring organizations. While the awardee is not required to reside or be headquartered in Reston, the awardee’s contributions must benefit the greater Reston/Dulles area.
- Completed nomination forms are due Friday, Nov. 7 by 5:00 p.m. to allow selection committee review for completeness. The committee may request additional information of nominators who will have up until Nov. 21 to provide clarifying information (if needed).
- Applicants may nominate themselves or their own businesses/organizations.
- Selections and notifications will be completed by mid-December.
- Award recipients will be publicly announced on Jan. 8 at a joint Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce and Cornerstones media event.
- Honorees must be able to attend the April 30, 2015 Best of Reston Community Service Awards and be available in January-March for video production.
Click the award category below to nominate online or download the nomination form here.
- Individual/Family Community Leader(s)
- Civic/Community Group(s)/NonprofitOrganization
- Employee-Owned Company/Small Business Leader (2-100 employees)
- Corporate Business Leader (101+ employees)
- Special Award: Vade Bolton-Ann Rodriquez Legacy Award Entrusting Our Community’s Future
- Robert E. Simon Lifetime Achievement Award, which is occasionally given by the Selection Committee in honor of Reston’s founder to a previous Best of Reston award winner whose vision, spirit, compassion and belief in our community has made Reston the great place that it is, and who serves as a model of continued engagement and ongoing service.
Photo: Reston founder and Best of Reston 2014 Gala honorary chair Bob Simon/Credit: Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce.