A man who was banned from a Reston hotel was arrested by Fairfax County Police on Saturday after trespassing and holding a woman against her will, Fairfax County Police said.
Police said the 36-year-old man, who lives at no fixed address, entered the hotel lobby about 9:56 p.m. and was denied a room due to a trespass ban placed by the property owner at Extended Stay America.
The man then walked through the hotel at 12190 Sunset Hills Road and triggered several fire alarms and knocked on various doors, police said.
Police say the man then entered a guest’s room without consent, where he held a woman against her will.
The suspect was charged with abduction with intent to defile, trespassing, unlawful entry and falsely summoning emergency services, said police.
In other police news in the last week:
BURGLARY, 12700 block of Oak Farms Drive, Nov. 12. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
BURGLARY, 2200 block of Farougi Court, Nov. 12. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- Bennington Woods Road/Fieldthorn Drive, merchandise from business.
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, license plates from vehicle.
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, wallet from business.
- 2200 block of Chamblee Place, license plate from vehicle.
- 2300 block of Colts Neck Road, property from business.
- 11900 block of Democracy Drive, bicycle from business.
- 11700 block of Ledura Court, license plates from vehicle.
- 11900 block of Market Street, beverage from business.
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, bicycle from business.
- 10300 block of Eclipse Lane, electronic equipment and cash from vehicle.
- 10300 block of Eclipse Lane, wallet from vehicle.
- 900 block of Locust Street, phone from school.
- 10400 block of Patrician Woods Court, property from vehicle.
- 1800 block of Metro Center Drive, purse from business.
- 11600 block of North Shore Drive, license plate from vehicle.
- 800 block of Seneca Road, phone from residence.
- 13400 block of Coppermine Road, property from business.
- 11600 block of Plaza America Drive, phone from business.
1800 block of Wiehle Avenue, 2001 Nissan X-Terra.
Hundreds of electric scooters have started popping up around Fairfax County after the county announced last week that it had approved two vendors for its shared mobility device program. Bird…
CDC Updates Mask Guidance — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends masks indoors in places with high or substantial COVID-19 transmission and in schools nationwide, regardless of…
Reston Association is putting together a five-year plan for capital improvement projects as a number of decades-old facilities are in need of upgrades. At last week’s Board of Directors meeting,…
More children are participating in Reston Association’s summer camps this year than before the COVID-19 pandemic. After canceling the program last year for the first time in its more than…