A man who was banned from a Reston hotel was arrested by Fairfax County Police on Saturday after trespassing and holding a woman against her will, Fairfax County Police said.
Police said the 36-year-old man, who lives at no fixed address, entered the hotel lobby about 9:56 p.m. and was denied a room due to a trespass ban placed by the property owner at Extended Stay America.
The man then walked through the hotel at 12190 Sunset Hills Road and triggered several fire alarms and knocked on various doors, police said.
Police say the man then entered a guest’s room without consent, where he held a woman against her will.
The suspect was charged with abduction with intent to defile, trespassing, unlawful entry and falsely summoning emergency services, said police.
In other police news in the last week:
BURGLARY, 12700 block of Oak Farms Drive, Nov. 12. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
BURGLARY, 2200 block of Farougi Court, Nov. 12. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- Bennington Woods Road/Fieldthorn Drive, merchandise from business.
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, license plates from vehicle.
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, wallet from business.
- 2200 block of Chamblee Place, license plate from vehicle.
- 2300 block of Colts Neck Road, property from business.
- 11900 block of Democracy Drive, bicycle from business.
- 11700 block of Ledura Court, license plates from vehicle.
- 11900 block of Market Street, beverage from business.
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, bicycle from business.
- 10300 block of Eclipse Lane, electronic equipment and cash from vehicle.
- 10300 block of Eclipse Lane, wallet from vehicle.
- 900 block of Locust Street, phone from school.
- 10400 block of Patrician Woods Court, property from vehicle.
- 1800 block of Metro Center Drive, purse from business.
- 11600 block of North Shore Drive, license plate from vehicle.
- 800 block of Seneca Road, phone from residence.
- 13400 block of Coppermine Road, property from business.
- 11600 block of Plaza America Drive, phone from business.
1800 block of Wiehle Avenue, 2001 Nissan X-Terra.
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Embarking on the holiday season demands…
Gov. Glenn Youngkin announces a “Building Blocks for Virginia Families” plan to increase funding for early childhood education (Official Photo by Christian Martinez, Office of Governor Glenn Youngkin) With the…
A renovation of Lake Thoreau pool has been completed (courtesy Reston Association/YouTube) The renovation of Reston’s Lake Thoreau pool has officially been completed in time for the 2024 pool season….