What we need is someone with new media skills who also understands news and issues that affect Reston.
- Must have news writing experience and experience with content management systems (WordPress a plus)
- Must have basic photography skills and a camera (or at least a good camera phone)
- Be available flexible hours for some evening and weekend assignments
- Have access to a car
- Ideally, live in or very near Reston and be familiar with Reston businesses, issues, locations and Reston Association
- Be able to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Pay is competitive and by the post.
If this is you, send your resume, writing sample(s) and three story ideas to Reston Now editor Karen Goff at [email protected].
Before we head off into another weekend with COVID-19 abound, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on Reston Now in recent days. Seven new businesses — including…
A rapid COVID-19 at-home testing kit (via Jernej Furman/Flickr) Fairfax County Public Library offered at-home COVID-19 test kits to the community for the first time this morning (Friday). An hour…
Two days before Thanksgiving, the 29 Diner was decimated by a fire. The next day, owner John K. Wood got back to work. “It was a total loss,” Wood told…
A new beauty bar is coming to Lake Anne Plaza by the end of the year. Owner Dina Almashat plans to open Beauty Bar by Dina within the next 10…