Fairfax County Police are reminding residents to watch their valuable holiday packages this month.
Police say there has already been an uptick of thefts so far this month. The agency’s online reporting system is experiencing increased reports on a wide variety of doorstep thefts. From electronics to shoes to toys and suitcases, no unattended package should be deemed “safe.”
Police suggest residents make arrangements to have packages delivered to a place where people must sign for them, such as work, a neighbor’s home or the post office if you are unable to be home.
Police are also suggesting neighbors to help watch out for each other; report any suspicious vehicles or behavior to police. More people are ordering gifts online; more packages are being delivered and the risk has risen, police said.
If your packages have been stolen, you can report the theft to police through the county’s Citizen Reporting System (CRS).
In other crime news reported by Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station this week:
ROBBERY, 2500 block of Centreville Road in unincorporated Herndon, Dec. 2., 3:03 a.m. A man entered a convenience store and displayed a handgun to an employee.
The suspect took cash and fled. There were no injuries. The suspect was described as black, 20s, about 6 feet tall and weighing 190 to 200 pounds.
- 11000 block of Becontree Lake Drive, package from residence
- 12000 block of Town Square, merchandise from business
- 2400 block of Clover Field Circle, equipment from vehicle.
- 11500 block of North Shore Drive, items from vehicle.
- 13000 block of Park Crescent Circle, steering wheel from vehicle.
- 2300 block of Rolling Fork Circle, bumper from vehicle.
- 13000 block of Rose Petal Circle, items from vehicle.
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, merchandise from business.
- 12500 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 1800 block of Wainwright Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 1700 block of Wainwright Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 11700 block of North Shore Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 1500 block of Farsta Court, equipment from vehicle.
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, property from business.
- 1500 block of Cameron Crescent Drive, property and cash from residence.
- 1800 block of Fountain Drive, wallet from business.
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, beer from business.
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise from business.
- 2600 block of Viking Drive, jewelry from residence.
11700 block of Decade Court, 2007 Mazda 6.
A girl holds a book at last year’s reopening of the Lorton Library, one of two hosts of the inaugural Children’s Summer Reading Festival (courtesy Fairfax County Public Library) Fairfax…
A planned renovation of Armstrong Elementary School in Reston will include a new main entrance vestibule (via FCPS) The renovation of Reston’s Armstrong Elementary School is expected to begin in…
Kids explore the Red Caboose in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Vienna Featured Live on TV Right Now — “Lights. Camera. Action! Tune into the @fox5dc Zip Trip LIVE from…
The American Legion Bridge into Maryland (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) If you find trips on the Capital Beltway into Maryland nightmarish now, imagine what they would be like without…