A Herndon man was arrested by Fairfax County Police Sunday afternoon when he tried to steal prescription medications from the Walgreens Pharmacy located in an office building in the 1800 block of Town Center Drive in Reston.
An employee of the store told police the man entered the business about 1 p.m. and took property.
Police charged Eric R. Basham, 25, with Burglary, Grand Larceny and Destruction of Property.
In other crime news reported this week by the Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station:
- 2400 block of Colts Neck Road, cash from residence.
- 1800 block of Fountain Drive, wallet from business.
- 2500 block of John Milton Drive, beverage from business.
- 11100 block of South Lakes Drive, beverage from business.
- 11400 block of Washington Plaza, phone from business.
- 12000 block of Bowman Towne Drive, merchandise from business.
- 12500 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 1800 block of Wainwright Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 1700 block of Wainwright Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 11700 block of North Shore Drive, equipment from vehicle.
- 1500 block of Farsta Court, equipment from vehicle.
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, property from business.
- 1500 block of Cameron Crescent Drive, property and cash from residence.
11700 block of Decade Court, 2007 Mazda 6.
12000 block of Waterside View Drive, 2013 Nissan Altima.
Hillary Waters Fayle’s work focuses on leaves and humanity (courtesy Tephra ICA) A new exhibit featuring intricate embroidery on leaves is set to open soon at Tephra Institute of Contemporary…
Fairfax County Public Schools (file photo) Fairfax County Public Schools has to adjust its budget outlook for the next two years after a miscalculation led the state to overestimate how…
The Herndon location features infrared sauna workouts (photo courtesy Hotworx) Hotworx, a fitness studio that offers 24/7 infrared workouts, has opened in Woodland Crossing in the Herndon area. Located at…
Snow on bridge in Reston’s The Glade (photo by Marjorie Copson) Deadline for Feedback on School Calendars Extended — “Thank you to the approximately 23,000 families, staff, students, and community…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.