The National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties.
From the NWS:
- Precipitation type: Snow, possibly heavy at times.
- Accumulations: 1 to 2 inches.
- Timing: snow will begin late tonight and continue through late Monday afternoon. The Heaviest snowfall will occur between early Monday morning and Monday afternoon.
- Temperatures: in the lower 30s.
- Winds: northeast 10 to 15 mph.
- Impacts: roads will be snow covered and slippery with visibilities being reduced to near One-quarter mile at times. The combination of snow covered roads and low visibility will make traveling dangerous.
- Outlook: snow will continue Monday night into Tuesday, with additional accumulation possible.
Reston Now will update you with any school closings or road issues.