The National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties.
From the NWS:
- Precipitation type: Snow, possibly heavy at times.
- Accumulations: 1 to 2 inches.
- Timing: snow will begin late tonight and continue through late Monday afternoon. The Heaviest snowfall will occur between early Monday morning and Monday afternoon.
- Temperatures: in the lower 30s.
- Winds: northeast 10 to 15 mph.
- Impacts: roads will be snow covered and slippery with visibilities being reduced to near One-quarter mile at times. The combination of snow covered roads and low visibility will make traveling dangerous.
- Outlook: snow will continue Monday night into Tuesday, with additional accumulation possible.
Reston Now will update you with any school closings or road issues.
The Barton Hill Recreation Area in Reston is slated for upgrades (via Google Maps) Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
A public art piece inspired by the connectivity and energy of atoms has been erected in Reston Town Center’s Hyatt Park. Called “Vidustria,” the installation is drawn from the word…
A man walks by trash bins next to the curb (via Trinity Nguyen on Unsplash) (Updated at 1:25 p.m.) The service and staffing challenges plaguing trash collectors throughout Fairfax County…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.