The National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties.
From the NWS:
- Precipitation type: Snow, possibly heavy at times.
- Accumulations: 1 to 2 inches.
- Timing: snow will begin late tonight and continue through late Monday afternoon. The Heaviest snowfall will occur between early Monday morning and Monday afternoon.
- Temperatures: in the lower 30s.
- Winds: northeast 10 to 15 mph.
- Impacts: roads will be snow covered and slippery with visibilities being reduced to near One-quarter mile at times. The combination of snow covered roads and low visibility will make traveling dangerous.
- Outlook: snow will continue Monday night into Tuesday, with additional accumulation possible.
Reston Now will update you with any school closings or road issues.
The latest Reston Home Insider explains why buyer fatigue is so common right now and ways to push through it.
(Updated at 11:30 a.m.) Face masks are now required when students are inside Fairfax County Public School buildings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, the school district announced this morning…
Hundreds of electric scooters have started popping up around Fairfax County after the county announced last week that it had approved two vendors for its shared mobility device program. Bird…
CDC Updates Mask Guidance — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends masks indoors in places with high or substantial COVID-19 transmission and in schools nationwide, regardless of…