Based on current conditions and the forecast, FCPS is changing its operating status today, Feb. 26, to the following:
All Fairfax County public schools will be closed today. School offices and central offices will open four hours late, to be opened by 12 noon (Condition 5) with an unscheduled leave policy in effect for 12-month employees.
The following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled:
- extracurricular activities
- interscholastic contests
- team practices
- field trips
- middle school after-school programs
- professional learning and training courses
- adult and community education classes
- recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
- School age child care (SACC) centers are closed.
Fairfax County employees can take unscheduled leave. The courts will be open, the county said.
The area remains under a Winter Weather Advisory until noon Thursday.