The victim told police he was walking on North Shore Drive near Waterview Cluster about 12:15 a.m. on Saturday when two men approached him. Both suspects assaulted the victim, police said.
The victim resisted and both suspects fled on foot. The victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The suspects were described as males wearing dark clothing, police said.
Last week, a man was assaulted during an armed robbery on North Shore near Clubhouse Drive as he cleared snow off his car late at night.
In other crime weekend crime news reported by Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station:
- 2200 block of Castle Rock Square, license plates from vehicle
- 2000 block of Chadds Ford Drive, driver’s license, credit cards and money from vehicle
- 11700 block of Dry River Court, items from vehicle
- 10900 block of Harpers Square Court, purse from vehicle
- 900 block of Locust Street, wallet from school
- 2300 block of Southgate Square, electronic device from residence
- 2000 block of Swans Neck Way, driver’s license, credit cards and money from vehicle
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Embarking on the holiday season demands…
Gov. Glenn Youngkin announces a “Building Blocks for Virginia Families” plan to increase funding for early childhood education (Official Photo by Christian Martinez, Office of Governor Glenn Youngkin) With the…
A renovation of Lake Thoreau pool has been completed (courtesy Reston Association/YouTube) The renovation of Reston’s Lake Thoreau pool has officially been completed in time for the 2024 pool season….