The victim told police he was walking on North Shore Drive near Waterview Cluster about 12:15 a.m. on Saturday when two men approached him. Both suspects assaulted the victim, police said.
The victim resisted and both suspects fled on foot. The victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The suspects were described as males wearing dark clothing, police said.
Last week, a man was assaulted during an armed robbery on North Shore near Clubhouse Drive as he cleared snow off his car late at night.
In other crime weekend crime news reported by Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station:
- 2200 block of Castle Rock Square, license plates from vehicle
- 2000 block of Chadds Ford Drive, driver’s license, credit cards and money from vehicle
- 11700 block of Dry River Court, items from vehicle
- 10900 block of Harpers Square Court, purse from vehicle
- 900 block of Locust Street, wallet from school
- 2300 block of Southgate Square, electronic device from residence
- 2000 block of Swans Neck Way, driver’s license, credit cards and money from vehicle
Park Authority Snags Honors — The Fairfax County Park Authority won three GIS excellence awards during the county’s annual Geographic Information System Day contest. The park authority was one of…
Food apps are bringing changes to a Lake Anne Plaza anchor restaurant that’s catering to niches for pizza, pasta and more. Kalypso’s Sports Tavern, which often draws crowds to its…
As the Return to Earn initiative continues to help the unemployed transition back into the workforce, it is also providing a $500 holiday bonus this year for employees.
A task force of nearly 30 people has recommended renaming two highways in Fairfax County, following concerns that their invocation of the Confederacy runs counter to the county’s goal of…