Lake Fairfax Park will take on the adventure of the high seas on Saturday at the annual Pirate Fest.
This event runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Fairfax County Park Authority says it will be a chance for “high adventure and to explore life at sea and in a port town.” Tickets are $10 online or at the gate, and an additional $2 per person for the Pirate Boat Tour (must purchase time-stamped tickets in advance or at the door).
Among the activities:
- Talk with Moody Crewe about life on the high seas
- Sea Chanteys and Pirate Ditties by Ship’s Company Chanteymen
- Costume Contests for all ages
- Treasure Hunt
- Music by John DuranT
- Kids’ Kove Featuring sailing, science and craft activities
- Recycling Pirates Puppet Show
Kids are encouraged to wear pirate gear to win costume contest prizes in different categories. Pirate Fest will be held rain or shine.
Photo: Pirate Fest Boat on Lake Fairfax/Courtesy FCPA