66°Overcast

Wednesday Morning Rundown

by Karen Goff — April 29, 2015 at 8:00 am 3 Comments

Flowering tree at Reston National Golf Course

Schools Come Up Short in Fairfax County Budget — The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved its 2016 budget on Tuesday. The $3.8 billion budget comes up $14 million below the amount Fairfax County Public Schools requested. [Washington Post]

Spring Festival — Reston Association will hold its nature-themed Spring Festival from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Walker Nature Education center. Family fun to learn about the environment, featuring hands-on activities and acoustic music. [Reston Association]

Search Team Gets To Work in Nepal — The VA-TF1, Fairfax County’s Search-and-Rescue team, has arrived in Nepal and set up operations on a baseball field in order to aid in the earthquake recovery. [Fairfax County Fire and Rescue]

  • Rich
  • FULL TIME BOJANGLER

    Screw the schools, the Board needs a HUGE raise. 75K to 95K is more than 25%. Who in the private sector gets a 25% raise? Big government at the expense of those being governed.

  • Ming the Merciless

    The $3.8 billion budget comes up $14 million below the amount Fairfax County Public Schools requested.

    The schools got 99.6% of what they requested, and still Garza sends out emails urging parents to contact the county board to protest the outrageous outrage that they didn’t get the other 0.4%. Cry me a river!

×

Subscribe to our mailing list