Cigarette Causes Reston Townhouse Fire

Fairfax County Fire RescueFairfax County Fire and Rescue said an improperly disposed cigarette caused a townhouse fire early Sunday on White Cornus Lane in Reston.

Units responded to the call at 2250 White Cornus about 3:25 a.m.

Firefighters encountered smoke fire coming from a second floor balcony of a three-story, middle townhouse. Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack and quickly brought the fire under control and kept the fire from spreading into the home.

Two adults and children were home when the fire broke out and escaped unharmed. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $2,000.

Fire investigators said the fire was accidental. An improperly disposed cigarette into a flower pot on the balcony caused the fire.

Recent Stories

Bicyclist crosses Wiehle Avenue in Reston at site of future bridge (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The weekend is almost here. Before the remnants of Hurricane Ian arrive or you…

11925 Triple Crown Road is one of eight houses in the 2022 Reston Home Tour (courtesy Reston Museum) Visitors will have a chance to step into an assortment of Reston…

Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of the year…

Fairfax County faces a marginal risk of flash flooding from Hurricane Ian (via NOAA) An October weekend once filled with fall events is starting to clear out, as Fairfax County…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list