The hospital will hold an open house from 9 a.m. to noon that day to show off western Fairfax County’s only dedicated pediatric ER.
Here’s what’s in store:
- Disney’s Doc McStuffins and friends, Lambie, Hattie, and Stuffy, will have a meet and greet and photos.
- A Teddy Bear Clinic – Bring your child’s favorite stuffed friend for a check up.
- Tours of the new Pediatric ER.
- Face Painting
- Balloon Animals
- Caricature Drawings
- Child ID
- Car Seat Installation Checks
- Meet the Doc — Chat with the physicians who will care for our patients
- Ambulance and Fire Trucks
- Kid-Inspired Refreshments
“From our woodland creatures in the separate waiting area to our underwater adventure in the treatment rooms, your child will be soothed by bright and colorful atmosphere,” hospital staff says.
Here are some of the features of the new ER:
- Five dedicated pediatric treatment rooms
- Certified pediatric nursing staff
- Separate pediatric waiting area
- Devoted nurse’s station
- In-room entertainment featuring a Blu-ray movie library
- Post treatment treasure chest
Food apps are bringing changes to a Lake Anne Plaza anchor restaurant that’s catering to niches for pizza, pasta and more. Kalypso’s Sports Tavern, which often draws crowds to its…
As the Return to Earn initiative continues to help the unemployed transition back into the workforce, it is also providing a $500 holiday bonus this year for employees.
A task force of nearly 30 people has recommended renaming two highways in Fairfax County, following concerns that their invocation of the Confederacy runs counter to the county’s goal of…
(Updated. at 9:50 a.m.) The St. James has signed a lease at One Freedom Plaza for a 25,000-square-foot facility at 11951 Freedom Drive. The company, the region’s largest athletic facility,…