The hospital will hold an open house from 9 a.m. to noon that day to show off western Fairfax County’s only dedicated pediatric ER.
Here’s what’s in store:
- Disney’s Doc McStuffins and friends, Lambie, Hattie, and Stuffy, will have a meet and greet and photos.
- A Teddy Bear Clinic – Bring your child’s favorite stuffed friend for a check up.
- Tours of the new Pediatric ER.
- Face Painting
- Balloon Animals
- Caricature Drawings
- Child ID
- Car Seat Installation Checks
- Meet the Doc — Chat with the physicians who will care for our patients
- Ambulance and Fire Trucks
- Kid-Inspired Refreshments
“From our woodland creatures in the separate waiting area to our underwater adventure in the treatment rooms, your child will be soothed by bright and colorful atmosphere,” hospital staff says.
Here are some of the features of the new ER:
- Five dedicated pediatric treatment rooms
- Certified pediatric nursing staff
- Separate pediatric waiting area
- Devoted nurse’s station
- In-room entertainment featuring a Blu-ray movie library
- Post treatment treasure chest
A duck takes a bath in Royal Lake near Burke (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to…
The festival takes place in Reston Town Square park tomorrow (courtesy Canine Companions) A DogFest is coming to Reston Town Square Park tomorrow (Saturday). The event, slated to take place…
The county is considering ways to preserve dark skies around the observatory (via Fairfax County Government) An effort is underway to preserve the dark skies around the Turner Farm Park…
Lake Audubon from bridge in Reston (photo by Ray Copson) Reminder: Early Voting Begins — “[It’s] the first day to #voteearly in the congressional #midterms! The 8th, 10th & 11th…