The DMV 2 Go will be at Reston Town Center (by the pavilion) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, saving you a trip to the real Department of Motor Vehicles.
DMV 2 Go is a fleet of five mobile customer service centers operated by the Virginia DMV.
At DMV 2 Go, visitors can do everything they can do at the DMV, including:
- Apply for or renew your ID card – available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver’s license – take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
- Apply for a Veteran ID card.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Apply for certified copies of Virginia birth certificates.
- Get fishing and hunting licenses.
- Recently moved? If so, stop in to update your address on your DMV record. You can also update your voter registration address and organ donor status.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account – receive DMV notices via email or phone; conduct secure transactions on the DMV website.
- Obtain a “E-ZPass On-The-Go” transponder. You can also obtain a “E-ZPass Flex” transponder at the Northern Virginia mobile office.
The DMV 2 Go usually makes a monthly stop in Reston.
DMV 2 Go/File photo