The DMV 2 Go will be at Reston Town Center (by the pavilion) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, saving you a trip to the real Department of Motor Vehicles.
DMV 2 Go is a fleet of five mobile customer service centers operated by the Virginia DMV.
At DMV 2 Go, visitors can do everything they can do at the DMV, including:
- Apply for or renew your ID card – available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver’s license – take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
- Apply for a Veteran ID card.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Apply for certified copies of Virginia birth certificates.
- Get fishing and hunting licenses.
- Recently moved? If so, stop in to update your address on your DMV record. You can also update your voter registration address and organ donor status.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account – receive DMV notices via email or phone; conduct secure transactions on the DMV website.
- Obtain a “E-ZPass On-The-Go” transponder. You can also obtain a “E-ZPass Flex” transponder at the Northern Virginia mobile office.
The DMV 2 Go usually makes a monthly stop in Reston.
DMV 2 Go/File photo
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. There are so many fun things…
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. November — a month containing both Veterans Day and Thanksgiving…
The annual exhibit returns to Reston in early December (courtesy RCC) Reston Community Center will host its 24th annual gifts and shopping exhibit in early December. The Gifts from the…
Curative will operate COVID-19 testing mobile labs at six sites in Fairfax County (courtesy Fairfax County Health Department) Curative is set to shut down all of its public COVID-19 testing…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.