The DMV 2 Go will be at Reston Town Center (by the pavilion) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, saving you a trip to the real Department of Motor Vehicles.
DMV 2 Go is a fleet of five mobile customer service centers operated by the Virginia DMV.
At DMV 2 Go, visitors can do everything they can do at the DMV, including:
- Apply for or renew your ID card – available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver’s license – take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
- Apply for a Veteran ID card.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Apply for certified copies of Virginia birth certificates.
- Get fishing and hunting licenses.
- Recently moved? If so, stop in to update your address on your DMV record. You can also update your voter registration address and organ donor status.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account – receive DMV notices via email or phone; conduct secure transactions on the DMV website.
- Obtain a “E-ZPass On-The-Go” transponder. You can also obtain a “E-ZPass Flex” transponder at the Northern Virginia mobile office.
The DMV 2 Go usually makes a monthly stop in Reston.
DMV 2 Go/File photo
Fairfax County police vehicle with blue lights on (file photo) A man who fell while riding a motorized scooter in Reston in late November died from his injuries. Malcolm Printup, 46,…
A minivan drives past the office building at 6400 Arlington Blvd in West Falls Church (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Community Helps Family of Student Who Fatally Overdosed — “A…
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Embarking on the holiday season demands…