Police said the victim was approached by two men while walking on the sidewalk at 1:07 a.m.
One of the suspects displayed a handgun and demanded money. The victim attempted to flee and was assaulted by the suspects. After a brief struggle, the suspects fled, police said.
The victim was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The suspects were described as two black males, one was wearing a hoodie and was about 5 feet 11 inches tall. Officers with the assistance from the police helicopter and K9 responded and checked the area for the suspects, but they were not located.
In other crime news:
- 13100 block of Fox Hunt Lane, bicycle from residence
- 2000 block of Golf Course Drive, jewelry from residence
- 2200 block of Gunsmith Square, bicycle from vehicle
- 1500 block of Northgate Square, purse from vehicle
- 1800 block of Explorer Street, beverage from business
- 2300 block of Middle Creek Lane, property from residence
- 11500 block of Links Drive, phone from vehicle
- 10300 block of Shesue Street, property from residence
The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area. We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit…
Fairfax County Public Schools and six other school divisions, most of them in Northern Virginia, have sued to stop Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s order that makes face masks optional in schools….
Driver Charged in Crash that Killed Reston Woman — Police have charged a Manassas man with driving under the influence and involuntary manslaughter in connection with a car crash that…
Amid a holiday weekend helping to commemorate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., here are the top stories on Reston Now this week. Police: Prisoner with life sentence confesses…