Police said a resident alerted them to gunfire in the 2100 block of Sugarloaf Court in unincorporated Herndon about 12:43 a.m.
The man was described as a white male with “slick” black hair.
Fairfax County’s Chopper 1 helicopter was dispatched to help look for the suspect.
The man entered an SUV and fled, police said.
In other crime news from FCPD’s Reston District Station:
- 1900 block of Crescent Park Drive, bicycles from residence.
- 1800 block of Fountain Drive, merchandise from business.
- 11700 block of Stratford House Place, bicycle from residence.
- 2900 block of Timber Wood Way, electronic equipment from vehicle.
- 11900 block of Bowman Towne Drive, merchandise from business.
- 1700 block of Business Center Drive, cash from business.
- 1800 block of Cameron Glen Drive, bicycles from residence.
- 2100 block of Glencourse Lane, cash from vehicle.
- 1600 block of Valencia Way, jewelry from residence.
2200 block of Castle Rock Square, 1989 Cadillac Deville.