A resident of Lake Anne Fellowship House has died after he suffered second-degree burns over 58 percent of his body in a kitchen fire Monday.
Fairfax County Police and Fire Rescue crews were called to the elderly housing community at 11450 North Shore Drive about 5 p.m. on Monday.
A maintenance man at Fellowship House responded to a smoke alarm at one of the apartments. Upon entry, he found the resident, a 77-year-old man, lying on the kitchen floor on fire, police said.
The fire was quickly extinguished with blankets and 911 was called. The police helicopter, Fairfax 1, flew the patient to the Medstar Washington Hospital Center’s burn unit.
The patient was able to make a statement that while cooking, he caught himself on fire. The man died just before midnight.
(Updated. at 9:50 a.m.) The St. James has signed a lease at One Freedom Plaza for a 25,000-square-foot facility at 11951 Freedom Drive. The company, the region’s largest athletic facility,…
An overturned car has prompted the closure of both sides of Herndon Parkway between Spring Street and the Herndon Police Department. Local police encourage residents to avoid the area and…
Commercial Buildings Win Awards — Projects in Fairfax County received 10 honors at the NAIOP Northern Virginia awards earlier this month. College Board in Reston received the award of excellence…
Join the Kensington Reston at the Memory Cafe on December 2 to learn more about the Memory Care Center.