Police said a 15-year-old boy was walking in the tunnel near Colts Neck Road on Friday about 2 p.m. when three people came up from behind and surrounded him.
They boy said the suspects pushed him to the ground and took his cell phone. A suspect description was broadcast and three juvenile suspects were stopped at the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station.
The suspects were positively identified and subsequently arrested. The victim was not injured, police said.
In other weekend incidents reported by the Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station:
- 11900 block of Bowman Towne Drive, wallet from business
- 1800 block of Cameron Glen Drive, phone from business
- 2200 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, TV from business
- 1500 block of Inlet Court, camera from vehicle
- 1600 block of ParkCrest Circle, GPS from vehicle
- 2200 block of Stone Wheel Drive, wallet from residence
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…
A solar energy-powered lamp post (via Sandra Parra/Unsplash) Fairfax County has committed to becoming carbon-neutral by 2050, and now, it has a plan to achieve that goal. The Fairfax County…
A furnished 1 BD/1 BA condo was recently listed for rent. The renovated unit comes with assigned garage parking.