Wednesday evening’s snow will cause a delay for local schools Thursday morning.
All Fairfax County public schools and school offices will open two hours late tomorrow, the school system says. Central offices will open by 10 a.m.
Conditions will be reassessed in the morning and if closure is necessary will be announced by approximately 6:15 am.
A major blizzard is expected to move through Fairfax County Friday afternoon and Saturday. Check back for information on additional closings as they are decided.
- Morning preschool (special education) classes are canceled.
- Afternoon preschool classes start on their regular schedule.
- Full-day preschool (special education) and Family and Early Childhood
- Education Program/Head Start classes start two hours later than the regular schedule.
- Morning field trips are canceled.
- School age child care (SACC) centers will open at 7:00 a.m.
- Morning transportation for high school academy classes is canceled. Transportation for afternoon academy classes will be provided.
- Adult and community education classes will start on time.
The bar and lounge celebrated a soft opening earlier this month (via Eve’s Garden/Facebook) The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Prepare to be amazed! Fairfax County…
The Herndon Festival returns to the town in June (courtesy Town of Herndon) “American Idol” winner David Cook will headline this year’s Herndon Festival, set to take place from June…
Banners commemorating U.S. service members killed in past wars hang in Fairfax City’s Old Town Square for Memorial Day (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Water Mine and Other Parks…