All Fairfax County public schools and school offices will open two hours late tomorrow, the school system says. Central offices will open by 10 a.m.
Conditions will be reassessed in the morning and if closure is necessary will be announced by approximately 6:15 am.
A major blizzard is expected to move through Fairfax County Friday afternoon and Saturday. Check back for information on additional closings as they are decided.
- Morning preschool (special education) classes are canceled.
- Afternoon preschool classes start on their regular schedule.
- Full-day preschool (special education) and Family and Early Childhood
- Education Program/Head Start classes start two hours later than the regular schedule.
- Morning field trips are canceled.
- School age child care (SACC) centers will open at 7:00 a.m.
- Morning transportation for high school academy classes is canceled. Transportation for afternoon academy classes will be provided.
- Adult and community education classes will start on time.