Today is the last day to file if you are interested in running for a seat on Reston Association’s Board of Directors in 2016.
Three seats are open:
- At-Large Director
- North Point District Director
- Lake Anne/Tall Oaks District Director
All positions are for three year terms. Qualifications include:
- Being a member of the Reston Association in good standing, either a renter or property owner (by Jan. 29, 2016)
- Completing a Statement of Candidacy and a Petition of Candidacy
- If running for a district seat, living in that same district
Responsibilities of the board include:
- Determining the long-range mission and goals of the organization
- Establishing RA policies and procedures
- Approving association programs and services through the budget process
- Monitoring finances, approving budgets, and setting the annual assessment rate
Candidacy forms must be filed by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 29. Elections will be held in March.
RA Board meeting/file photo
Take a look at a few recently reduced properties around Reston.
Fairfax County Public Schools children will continue to get free meals amid uncertainty with the pandemic. The U.S. Department of Agriculture extended schools’ abilities to provide the food — traditionally…
Electric scooters have arrived in Fairfax County. The devices started appearing early last week after the county introduced the companies Bird and LINK as the first two vendors in its…
Unattended Candle Causes Herndon Fire — An unattended candle that was left burning caused a house fire in the 400 block of Pickett Lane in the Town of Herndon on…