Today is the last day to file if you are interested in running for a seat on Reston Association’s Board of Directors in 2016.
Three seats are open:
- At-Large Director
- North Point District Director
- Lake Anne/Tall Oaks District Director
All positions are for three year terms. Qualifications include:
- Being a member of the Reston Association in good standing, either a renter or property owner (by Jan. 29, 2016)
- Completing a Statement of Candidacy and a Petition of Candidacy
- If running for a district seat, living in that same district
Candidates must fill out a Statement of Candidacy and a Petition of Candidacy with 25 household signatures.
Responsibilities of the board include:
- Determining the long-range mission and goals of the organization
- Establishing RA policies and procedures
- Approving association programs and services through the budget process
- Monitoring finances, approving budgets, and setting the annual assessment rate
Candidacy forms must be filed by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 29. Elections will be held in March.
RA Board meeting/file photo
The bar and lounge celebrated a soft opening earlier this month (via Eve’s Garden/Facebook) The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Prepare to be amazed! Fairfax County…
The Herndon Festival returns to the town in June (courtesy Town of Herndon) “American Idol” winner David Cook will headline this year’s Herndon Festival, set to take place from June…
Banners commemorating U.S. service members killed in past wars hang in Fairfax City’s Old Town Square for Memorial Day (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Water Mine and Other Parks…