Today is the last day to file if you are interested in running for a seat on Reston Association’s Board of Directors in 2016.
Three seats are open:
- At-Large Director
- North Point District Director
- Lake Anne/Tall Oaks District Director
All positions are for three year terms. Qualifications include:
- Being a member of the Reston Association in good standing, either a renter or property owner (by Jan. 29, 2016)
- Completing a Statement of Candidacy and a Petition of Candidacy
- If running for a district seat, living in that same district
Responsibilities of the board include:
- Determining the long-range mission and goals of the organization
- Establishing RA policies and procedures
- Approving association programs and services through the budget process
- Monitoring finances, approving budgets, and setting the annual assessment rate
Candidacy forms must be filed by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 29. Elections will be held in March.
RA Board meeting/file photo