Update, 7 a.m. Tuesday: FCPS now says schools will be closed Tuesday. This is a change from the announcement Monday evening, when there was to be a two-hour delay.
Original story, Monday 7 p.m.: Fairfax County Public Schools said the expected freezing rain overnight — on top of several inches of snow that fell Monday — means all Fairfax County public schools and school offices will open two hours late on Tuesday, Feb. 16.
The school system also said conditions will be reassessed Tuesday morning, and if closure is necessary it will be announced by approximately 6:15 a.m.
- Morning preschool (special education) classes are canceled.
- Afternoon preschool classes start on their regular schedule.
- Full-day preschool (special education) and Family and Early Childhood Education Program/Head Start classes start two hours later than the regular schedule.
- Morning field trips are canceled.
- Morning transportation for high school academy classes is canceled.
- Transportation for afternoon academy classes will be provided.
- Adult and community education classes will start on time.
- School age child care (SACC) centers will open at 7:00 a.m.
(Updated, 4:30 p.m.) In the race for 36th District, incumbent Ken Plum was outraised by Republican challenger Matt Lang during July and August according to the latest campaign finance reports….
More than four-fifths of adults in the Fairfax Health District have gotten at least one shot of a COVID-19 vaccine, a hard-won milestone achieved after a summer of slowing demand…
Find what you need to know about signing severance agreements in Virginia in the latest Legal Insider.
Monday, September 20 Technology Help (4-6 p.m.) — Volunteers at Reston Regional Library are available to answer questions about technology. Half-hour slots are open for reservations. Tuesday, September 21 (un)disclosed…