Reston Town Center’s Concerts on the Town series will return for the summer beginning on June 4.
Concerts are held rain or shine at 7:30 p.m. at the town center pavilion. Bring your own chairs or blankets for seats. Admission is free.
- June 4: David Akers & THE SOUL SHAKERS – Motown & more
- June 11: Hard Day’s Night – Beatles tribute
- June 18: No concert, but music at the Taste of Reston: restontaste.com
- June 25: Big Joe & The Dynaflows – Swing, jump blues
- July 2: Chuck Redd & Friends, featuring renowned clarinetist Anat Cohen and bassist/vocalist Nicki Parrott – Jazz, Bossa Nova, American standards
- July 9: Bio Ritmo – Cuban salsa & other Latin rhythms
- July 16: Landau Eugene Murphy, Jazz crooner / 2011 America’s Got Talent winner – Celebrating Sinatra, Motown & The Great American Songbook
- July 23: The Congress – Alt-country, rock & roll, soul
- July 30: Unity Reggae Band – Reggae and other Caribbean rhythms
- August 6: Chubby Carrier & The Bayou Swamp Band – New Orleans zydeco, high-energy rhythm & blues
- August 13: In Full – Classic rock and hits from the 50s till today
- August 20: Airman of Note – U.S. Air Force – big band jazz
- August 27: Leonard, Colemand & Blunt Former lead singers of The Temptations, The Platters &The Drifters Doo-wop
Photo courtesy of Reston Town Center
A new CBD boutique is coming soon to Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A CBD boutique is coming soon to Reston’s Lake Anne Plaza. OmBaked is expected…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Are you an inspired foodie like…
The clock is ticking for Fairfax County and the D.C. region to adopt a new transportation plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This past June, the National Capital Region…
The Reston Town Center pavilion reopened in November after undergoing renovations (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Intricate ice sculptures are coming to Reston Town Center’s outdoor skating rink at the…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.