It may be cool and cloudy Saturday, but the calendar says spring.
So it is time to bring the family to the Walker Nature Education Center from 1 to 5 p.m. for Reston Association’s annual spring festival.
The event is free. The nature center is located at 11450 Glade Dr.
Here is what’s planned:
- Live animals from the Raptor Conservancy
- Fishing at Lake Audubon
- Crafts for Kids
- Displays and information from environmental groups
- Canoe and kayak rentals on Lake Audubon ($3)
- Native plant sale with Nature by Design
- 1:00-1:45 p.m. – Blue Sky Puppets: The Three No So Little Pigs
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Enviro Drums: Interactive Music and Recycling Show
- 4:00-4:45 p.m. – Under the Sea: Live Animal Show with Creatures from the Chesapeake Bay
- 1:00-2:10 p.m. – The Stewart Sisters
- 2:25-3:35 p.m. – Song Garden
- 3:50-5:00 p.m. – Hickory Grove
Photo of Spring Festival 2015/Courtesy Reston Association
The bar and lounge celebrated a soft opening earlier this month (via Eve’s Garden/Facebook) The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Prepare to be amazed! Fairfax County…
The Herndon Festival returns to the town in June (courtesy Town of Herndon) “American Idol” winner David Cook will headline this year’s Herndon Festival, set to take place from June…
Banners commemorating U.S. service members killed in past wars hang in Fairfax City’s Old Town Square for Memorial Day (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Water Mine and Other Parks…