It may be cool and cloudy Saturday, but the calendar says spring.
So it is time to bring the family to the Walker Nature Education Center from 1 to 5 p.m. for Reston Association’s annual spring festival.
The event is free. The nature center is located at 11450 Glade Dr.
Here is what’s planned:
- Live animals from the Raptor Conservancy
- Fishing at Lake Audubon
- Crafts for Kids
- Displays and information from environmental groups
- Canoe and kayak rentals on Lake Audubon ($3)
- Native plant sale with Nature by Design
- 1:00-1:45 p.m. – Blue Sky Puppets: The Three No So Little Pigs
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Enviro Drums: Interactive Music and Recycling Show
- 4:00-4:45 p.m. – Under the Sea: Live Animal Show with Creatures from the Chesapeake Bay
Photo of Spring Festival 2015/Courtesy Reston Association