It may be cool and cloudy Saturday, but the calendar says spring.
So it is time to bring the family to the Walker Nature Education Center from 1 to 5 p.m. for Reston Association’s annual spring festival.
The event is free. The nature center is located at 11450 Glade Dr.
Here is what’s planned:
- Live animals from the Raptor Conservancy
- Fishing at Lake Audubon
- Crafts for Kids
- Displays and information from environmental groups
- Canoe and kayak rentals on Lake Audubon ($3)
- Native plant sale with Nature by Design
- 1:00-1:45 p.m. – Blue Sky Puppets: The Three No So Little Pigs
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Enviro Drums: Interactive Music and Recycling Show
- 4:00-4:45 p.m. – Under the Sea: Live Animal Show with Creatures from the Chesapeake Bay
Photo of Spring Festival 2015/Courtesy Reston Association
Frequenters of Reston Town Center may notice new artwork in the area. Local artist Bryan King began work yesterday (Monday) on two new murals at The Harrison at Reston Town…
An eco-friendly alternative to lawn-mowing in the shape of teddy-bear-like four-legged creatures has arrived in Fairfax County. The Fairfax-based LambMowers uses a flock of roughly 11 sheep to mow lawns in the…
A Virginia Department of Transportation truck at the intersection of Route 1 and Popkins Lane in Groveton, where traffic signals were flashing (staff photo by Brandi Bottalico) Metro Leaders Step…
Fairfax County is officially under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning this afternoon. The National Weather Service issued the alert, which will last until 4:45 p.m. today (Monday). Here’s more from NWS…