While Metro’s SafeTrack repair program does not officially begin until next week, there will be some heavy repairs going on that will affect Metro service over the Memorial Day weekend, Metro officials said.
Here is what you need to know:
There will be service adjustments on all three lines, but Orange and Silver Line riders will see some big changes.
- There will be no Orange Line trains in service from 7 a.m. on Saturday through closing on Monday. Silver Line service will operate between Wiehle-Reston East and New Carrollton.
- Three stations will be closed this weekend: Vienna, Dunn Loring and West Falls Church.
- Riders traveling to/from Orange Line stations must board a Silver Line train to make their trip.
- Riders traveling to/from Blue/Silver stations between Largo Town Center and Benning Road must use only Blue Line trains.
- Red Line trains will operate every 8-16 minutes.
- Yellow and Green line trains operate every 12-15 minutes.
- Silver and Blue Line trains operate every 20 minutes.
On Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, Metrorail will open at 7 a.m. and close at midnight. Trains will operate on a Sunday schedule. Off-peak fares will be in effect all day, and parking will be free at all Metrorail parking facilities.
More Orange and Silver Line changes:
Buses replace trains at Vienna, Dunn Loring and West Falls Church; Silver Line trains replace Orange Line trains, 7:00 a.m. Saturday through closing Monday
From 7:00 a.m. Saturday through closing Monday, buses will replace trains between Vienna and East Falls Church. Free shuttle buses will operate on two routes:
- Local – between Vienna and East Falls Church making intermediate stops at Dunn Loring and West Falls Church. Please allow 12-15 minutes of travel time for each station stop.
- Express – between Vienna and East Falls Church with no intermediate stops. Please allow up to 25 minutes travel time.
Last Train Times:
Reston Mother Among Those Affected by Return of Evictions — “Gladys Suarez has lived in her Reston apartment for 20 years with her daughter and 4-year-old grandson. When she fell…
The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority gave nearly $29,000 to 10 social media influencers over the past year to highlight its jobs portal and virtual career fairs. The campaign primarily…
(Updated at 3:25 p.m.) Herndon Police officers are investigating reports that gun shots were fired in the 900 block of Alabama Drive, the department says. According to the Herndon Police…
COVID-19 cases are still on the upswing, but for the first time in 16 months, the Fairfax Health District did not lose a single person in the past week to…