That’s when the eighth annual Love Your Body Day festival returns to Reston, and the space will be a sea of mats as students of yoga and other spiritually focused practices take part in the all-day event.
Love Your Body Day is the brainchild of Maryam Ovissi, founder of Reston’s Beloved Yoga. the event also kicks off Virginia Yoga Week by inviting teachers from other studios to take part and share the experience with both experienced and new yogis.
Ovissi will kick off the first yoga event at the main stage (in the pavilion at 10 a.m. Sunday). Classes are free and for all levels. Donations for participation in specific classes will benefit Cornerstones.
Here is the main stage schedule:
- 10 – 11:15 a.m. Opening Flow with BelovedYoga
- 11:15- 11:45 a.m. Virginia Yoga Week & Yogaville
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Down Dog Yoga
- 12:15- 12:45 p.m. Blue Nectar
- 12:45 – 1:15 p.m. Raj Studio – Kundalini
- 1:15 – 1:45 p.m. Honest Soul
- 1:45 – 2:15 p.m. Yoga 4 All Bodies~ Iyengar
- 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. Pure Om
- 2:45 – 3:15 p.m. Easy Day
- 3:15 – 3:45 pm Lululemon Ambassador Flow
- 3:45 – 4:30 pm CommUNITY Kirtan
There will also be a children’s area nearby. Here is what is happening there:
- 10:00 – 10:25 a.m. Story Yoga (ages 2 to 8)
- 10:30 – 10:55 a.m. Kids Flow Yoga (ages 5 to 10)
- 11:00 – 11:25 a.m. Adaptive Yoga (all ages)
- 11:30 – 11:55 a.m. Stress-Buster Yoga for Teens (ages 12-18)
- 12:00 – 12:25 p.m. Family Yoga and Kirtan (all ages)
- 12:30 – 12:55 p.m. Kids’ Kundalini Yoga Adventure (Ages 3 to 10)
- 1:00 – 1:25 p.m. Partner Yoga (ages 4 to 10)
- 1:30-1:55 p.m. Garden Yoga (ages 4 to 10)
- 2:00 – 2:25 p.m. Dream Goals Class with Ivivva (ages 6 to 14)
- 2:30 – 2:55 p.m. Fun with YoKid (ages 5 to 10)
- 3:00 – 3:25 p.m. Art of Living
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m. Laughter Yoga Party (all ages)
There will be live music (kirtan) and yoga discussions. See the Love Your Body website for the full schedule. There is also a vendor area with craft items, yoga-related products, healthy food and more for sale.
Love Your Body Festival/file photo
(Updated. at 9:50 a.m.) The St. James has signed a lease at One Freedom Plaza for a 25,000-square-foot facility at 11951 Freedom Drive. The company, the region’s largest athletic facility,…
An overturned car has prompted the closure of both sides of Herndon Parkway between Spring Street and the Herndon Police Department. Local police encourage residents to avoid the area and…
Commercial Buildings Win Awards — Projects in Fairfax County received 10 honors at the NAIOP Northern Virginia awards earlier this month. College Board in Reston received the award of excellence…
Join the Kensington Reston at the Memory Cafe on December 2 to learn more about the Memory Care Center.