Nineteen area high school seniors were recently awarded scholarships by the medical staff of Reston Hospital Center.
The students, from Fairfax and Loudoun County high schools, were chosen for academic excellence and excitement for pursuing a career in healthcare, an Reston Hospital Center spokeswoman said.
“These students are well deserving of the medical staff scholarships as they begin their journeys of exploring careers in the healthcare field,” said John Deardorff, President and CEO of Reston Hospital Center. “We hope that one day they return to their roots as members of our local medical community.”
Reston Hospital Center offers $15,000 in scholarships annually. Over the past 16 years, Reston Hospital Center’s Medical Staff has awarded more than $250,000 in academic scholarships to students in Northern Virginia.
Scholarship winners for 2016:
- Alexa Binckes- Briar Woods High School
- Shanze Eshai and Izaballa Valdez – Broad Run High School
- Rebecca Yoo – Centreville High School
- Elise Mazzone and Sneha Suresh – Chantilly High School
- Sabrina Tolbert and Antonia Osei – Herndon High School
- Joyce Cheng – James Madison High School
- Julia Knepper and Nadia Malik – Langley High School
- Gilian Wright and Gulenay Saydahmat – McLean High School
- Sosan Noori – Oakton High School
- Nardin Ageeb – Potomac Falls High School
- Jenessa Lopez and Tara Vaughns – South Lakes High School
- Iqra Tariq – Westfield High School
Photo: Reston Hospital Center 2016 Scholarship Winners /Courtesy Reston Hospital Center