Fairfax County Police report a series of property crimes in the Reston District in the last week. Here is what was reported to the police for the week ending July 22:
BURGLARY: 9300 block of Arnon Chapel Road, Great Falls. July 16, 11:51 a.m. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
BURGLARY: 13600 block of Legacy Circle, Herndon, July 18 between 10 a.m. and 7:25 p.m. Someone forced entry into a home and stole portable electronics and other property from inside.
ROBBERY: 13100 Parcher Avenue, Herndon, July 18 around 7:19 p.m. Police were dispatched to the 7-Eleven at 13190 Parcher Avenue for a report of a robbery. A 20-year-old man was approached by a group of teenaged boys in the parking. The suspects allegedly punched and kicked the victim repeatedly, grabbed his backpack and fled. The suspects were described as Hispanic, wearing dark-colored clothing.
UNLAWFUL ENTRY / VEHICLE TRESPASSING: 11900 block of Grey Squirrel Lane, Reston, July 11, 9 p.m. A resident reported someone entered their garage and rummaged through their vehicles. Nothing was taken.
- 11200 block of Harbor Court, kayak from residence
- 2200 block of Huston Place, package from residence
- 200 block of Seneca Road, property from residence
- 1900 block of Solaridge Court, wallet from residence
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, items from business
- 11900 block of Escalante Court, cash from vehicle
- 12000 block of Greywing Square, golf cart from residence
- 2300 block of Soapstone Drive, beer from business
- 12300 block of Brown Fox Way, wallet from vehicle
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, merchandise from business
- 11200 block of Roger Bacon Drive, bicycle from residence
- 11500 block of Glade Drive, phone from residence
- 12900 block of Highland Crossing Drive, wallet from residence
- 2300 block of Soapstone Drive, snack from business
Fairfax County Public Schools children will continue to get free meals amid uncertainty with the pandemic. The U.S. Department of Agriculture extended schools’ abilities to provide the food — traditionally…
Electric scooters have arrived in Fairfax County. The devices started appearing early last week after the county introduced the companies Bird and LINK as the first two vendors in its…
Unattended Candle Causes Herndon Fire — An unattended candle that was left burning caused a house fire in the 400 block of Pickett Lane in the Town of Herndon on…
(Updated at 9:05 a.m. on 8/5/21) A new report reveals that there’s significant disagreement between the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) and its contractor, Capital Rail Constructors (CRC), about when…