Absentee voting starts tomorrow in Reston.
More than half a million Fairfax County residents are expected to vote in the Nov. 8 election. During the last two presidential elections, there was an 80-percent turnout in Fairfax, and officials are expecting a similar turnout this year.
Officials said more than 1,800 people have voted in person at the Fairfax County Government Center in Fairfax since absentee balloting began there Sept. 23. The county has also received 22,887 mailed absentee ballots.
Absentee voting will be available at the North County Governmental Center, 1801 Cameron Glen Dr. The next three Saturdays before moving to a weekday schedule.
Saturday Schedule (Nov. 5 is the last day to absentee vote in-person): October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and November 5, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Weekday Schedule Oct. 17 to Nov. 4: Monday – Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
You can beat the crowds if you have one of the 19 reasons for an absentee ballot:
- Student attending college or university outside of locality of residence in Virginia
- Spouse of student attending college or university outside locality of residence in Virginia
- Business outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- Personal business or vacation outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- I am working and commuting to/from home for 11 or more hours between 6:00 AM and 7:00 PM on Election Day
- I am a first responder (member of law enforcement, firefighter, emergency technician, search and rescue)
- My disability or illness
I am primarily and personally responsible for the care of a disabled/ill
- family member confined at home
- My pregnancy
- Confined, awaiting trial
- Confined, convicted of a misdemeanor
- An electoral board member, registrar, officer of election, or custodian of voting equipment
- I have a religious obligation
- Active Duty Merchant Marine or Armed Forces
- Spouse or dependent living with a member of Active Duty Merchant
- Marine or Armed Forces
- Temporarily residing outside of US
- Temporarily residing outside of US for employment or spouse or dependent residing with employee
- Authorized representative of candidate or party serving inside the polling place
See more information on the Fairfax County Elections website.