Police scared off a man who had unlawfully entered a home in Great Falls on Tuesday evening.
Officers from Fairfax County’s Reston District responded to the home, located in the 11000 block of Georgetown Pike, just before 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 25 after receiving a report of a man in the home. Police located the man inside the home and confronted him. The man then fled the home.
The suspect was described as a black man, around 45 years old, with an athletic build.
Nothing was reported missing from the home.
In other news from FCPD’s Reston District Station this week:
ROBBERY – A 30-year-old woman was the victim of a robbery in the Reston District at Thomas Jefferson Way and McNair Farms Drive in the county area of Herndon on Friday evening, Oct. 21.
According to Fairfax County police, the woman was walking along the roadway just after 8 p.m. when a man approached her from behind and attempted to take her purse. They struggled briefly, but the suspect fled with her purse. The victim did not require medical attention.
The suspect was described as a black man around 30 years old wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved black shirt and a black knit cap.
- Saunders Drive/Hungerford Place, 1993 Honda Accord
- 2100 block of Centreville Road, merchandise from business
- 1700 block of Clubhouse Road, keys from vehicle
- 9800 block of Georgetown Pike, merchandise from business
- 10300 block of Hunt Country Lane, necklace and ring from residence
- 1800 block of Michael Faraday, cell phone from business
- 13100 block of Parcher Avenue, dog from business
- 12000 block of Starboard Drive, bicycle from residence
- 9100 block of Sterling Montague Drive, laptop computer from vehicle
- 9200 block of Sterling Montague Drive, laptop computer from vehicle
- 11800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, beer from business
- 1800 block of Wiehle Avenue, bicycles merchandise from business
- 11500 block of Links Drive, property from residence
- 6100 block of Rose Hill Drive, groceries from business
- 6100 block of Rose Hill Drive, liquor from business
- 1800 block of Wiehle Avenue, bicycle from business
- 1600 block of Reston Parkway, wallet from business
- 12000 block of Town Square, bicycle from business
Bicyclist crosses Wiehle Avenue in Reston at site of future bridge (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The weekend is almost here. Before the remnants of Hurricane Ian arrive or you…
11925 Triple Crown Road is one of eight houses in the 2022 Reston Home Tour (courtesy Reston Museum) Visitors will have a chance to step into an assortment of Reston…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of the year…
Fairfax County faces a marginal risk of flash flooding from Hurricane Ian (via NOAA) An October weekend once filled with fall events is starting to clear out, as Fairfax County…