Santa Claus himself will visit Reston this weekend, but he won’t be riding with his usual reindeer or sleigh. Instead, the all-knowing, all-seeing Christmas wizard will arrive on a barge.
St. Nick’s visit is part of Jingle on Lake Anne, an annual family-friendly holiday festival. The big day is set to include carolers, drinks, shopping and cookie decorating this year.
Jingle on Lake Anne is free and will take place rain or shine.
Here is the schedule of events for Saturday, Dec. 3:
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Farmers and craft Market
- 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. — Gifts from the Heart shopping event and reception
- 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Cookie decorating/beer garden/mulled wine/activities
- Noon — Santa arrives by barge
- Noon to 2:00 p.m. — Pictures with Santa
- 6:30 p.m. — Tree Lighting and caroling
Photo: Santa on a barge/Courtesy Jingle on Lake Anne
A duck takes a bath in Royal Lake near Burke (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to…
The festival takes place in Reston Town Square park tomorrow (courtesy Canine Companions) A DogFest is coming to Reston Town Square Park tomorrow (Saturday). The event, slated to take place…
The county is considering ways to preserve dark skies around the observatory (via Fairfax County Government) An effort is underway to preserve the dark skies around the Turner Farm Park…
Lake Audubon from bridge in Reston (photo by Ray Copson) Reminder: Early Voting Begins — “[It’s] the first day to #voteearly in the congressional #midterms! The 8th, 10th & 11th…