Santa Claus himself will visit Reston this weekend, but he won’t be riding with his usual reindeer or sleigh. Instead, the all-knowing, all-seeing Christmas wizard will arrive on a barge.
St. Nick’s visit is part of Jingle on Lake Anne, an annual family-friendly holiday festival. The big day is set to include carolers, drinks, shopping and cookie decorating this year.
Jingle on Lake Anne is free and will take place rain or shine.
Here is the schedule of events for Saturday, Dec. 3:
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Farmers and craft Market
- 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. — Gifts from the Heart shopping event and reception
- 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Cookie decorating/beer garden/mulled wine/activities
- Noon — Santa arrives by barge
- Noon to 2:00 p.m. — Pictures with Santa
- 6:30 p.m. — Tree Lighting and caroling
Photo: Santa on a barge/Courtesy Jingle on Lake Anne
Nothing Bundt Cakes plans to bring its tiered bundt cakes, bundtlets, and other sweet options to the Town of Herndon. Exterior signs posted in Herndon Centre indicate the business has…
An illustration of a coronavirus (via CDC/Unsplash) In many ways, this past Thanksgiving weekend looked much more normal than last year’s isolated celebrations. COVID-19 vaccines enabled many people to gather…
The latest Legal Insider discusses the confusion by security clearance holders and their ability to use marijuana.
The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area. We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit…