Santa Claus himself will visit Reston this weekend, but he won’t be riding with his usual reindeer or sleigh. Instead, the all-knowing, all-seeing Christmas wizard will arrive on a barge.
St. Nick’s visit is part of Jingle on Lake Anne, an annual family-friendly holiday festival. The big day is set to include carolers, drinks, shopping and cookie decorating this year.
Jingle on Lake Anne is free and will take place rain or shine.
Here is the schedule of events for Saturday, Dec. 3:
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Farmers and craft Market
- 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. — Gifts from the Heart shopping event and reception
- 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Cookie decorating/beer garden/mulled wine/activities
- Noon — Santa arrives by barge
- Noon to 2:00 p.m. — Pictures with Santa
- 6:30 p.m. — Tree Lighting and caroling
Photo: Santa on a barge/Courtesy Jingle on Lake Anne
A plan that will guide the redevelopment of 94 acres of 25 privately owned properties near the Herndon Metrorail Station is expected to go before the Herndon Planning Commission early…
Goodwill is opening a donation center near its current location in Herndon (courtesy Goodwill) Goodwill is launching a new express donation site in the Herndon area. The drop-off site is…
Boaters and geese can be seen in the distance on Lake Accotink (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The best path forward for saving Lake Accotink might to let it shrink,…
A vehicle passes 1676 International, an office building in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Justice HS Student Dies From Drug Overdose — “Officials notified the community of the fatal…