Santa Claus himself will visit Reston this weekend, but he won’t be riding with his usual reindeer or sleigh. Instead, the all-knowing, all-seeing Christmas wizard will arrive on a barge.
St. Nick’s visit is part of Jingle on Lake Anne, an annual family-friendly holiday festival. The big day is set to include carolers, drinks, shopping and cookie decorating this year.
Jingle on Lake Anne is free and will take place rain or shine.
Here is the schedule of events for Saturday, Dec. 3:
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Farmers and craft Market
- 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. — Gifts from the Heart shopping event and reception
- 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Cookie decorating/beer garden/mulled wine/activities
- Noon — Santa arrives by barge
- Noon to 2:00 p.m. — Pictures with Santa
- 6:30 p.m. — Tree Lighting and caroling
Photo: Santa on a barge/Courtesy Jingle on Lake Anne