Eleven candidates in total are seeking seats on the nine-member board. Votes will be cast by residents between March 6 and April 3. Election winners will be announced at the RA board’s April 11 meeting, with the new board to be sworn in the following day.
Residents will be able to ask the candidates questions during the forums:
- North Point: Wednesday, March 8, 7:30 p.m. (Lake House, 11450 Baron Cameron Ave.)
- Hunters Woods/Dogwood: Thursday, March 9, 6:30 p.m. (RA Headquarters, 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive)
- At-Large: Thursday, March 9, 7:30 p.m. (RA Headquarters, 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive)
(There will be no candidate forum for the Apartment Owners’ Representative. David Bobzien is unopposed for the seat.)
Candidates in the three contested races are listed below:
- North Point: Arlene Krieger and John Mooney
- Hunters Woods/Dogwood: Syazana Durrani and Victoria White
- At-Large: Roberto Anguizola, Eric Carr, Mike Collins, Charles Dorfeuille, Ven Iyer and HeidiAnne Werner
More information about each candidate is available at the Reston Association website.
A bicyclist on the W&OD Trail in fog (photo by Amy Woolsey) Local Family Mourns Loved Ones Killed in Gaza — Hani Almadhoun and his family are “numb with grief”…
Makers Union in Reston Town Center will feature a special holiday bar (courtesy Thompson Hospitality) Makers Union, a restaurant and pub based in Reston Town Center, is welcoming the holidays…
The Foster Glen townhomes in Oak Hill are the only development in Fairfax County currently selling workforce dwelling units at 120% AMI (via Google Maps) In the future, people who…
The restaurant Indochen is slated to open in Reston Town Center next spring (courtesy Indochen) A restaurant that fuses flavors from a different continent is coming soon to Reston Town…