According to VDOT’s website, more than 1,300 miles of roads will be repaved in Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun and Arlington counties during the 2017 paving season. Among the scheduled projects are the following locations in Reston:
- the entire length of North Shore Drive (3.53 miles)
- the entire length of Colts Neck Road (1.82 miles), excluding the intersection with Glade Drive
- 1.93 miles of Glade Drive, from Glade Bank Way to Twin Branches Road
- 2.21 miles of Stuart Mill Road, from Fox Mill Road to Birdfoot Lane
- 1.07 miles of North Village Road, from Baron Cameron Avenue to Hollow Timber Way
- the entire length of Twin Branches Road (.85 miles)
- the entire length of Triple Crown Road (.43 miles)
- .13 miles of Wiehle Avenue, from Reston Parkway to Reston Avenue
In addition, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation has plans to make alterations to lane patterns and bike lanes on North Shore Drive, Colts Neck Road and Twin Branches Road as part of the repaving process. A community meeting on this issue is scheduled for March 16.
VDOT’s website shows the only repaving work completed in Reston in 2016 was along a stretch of Baron Cameron Avenue, from Leesburg Pike (Route 7) to near Browns Chapel Road.
Other roads in the area on the 2017 schedule include portions of Centreville Road, Frying Pan Road and McLearen Road in Herndon; and Lee Jackson Memorial Highway (U.S. Route 50) at the Fairfax County Parkway interchange.
VDOT says repaving work is “usually limited to outside of rush hours,” with work in residential areas typically scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays.
Check VDOT’s interactive map for more.
Map via VDOT
Following longstanding and growing complaints over parking issues, Town kf Herndon officials adopted an ordinance yesterday (Tuesday) to restrict how close drivers could park to driveways, one of several changes…
A portion of Edmund Halley Drive has officially been transferred over to the state. At a Tuesday meeting, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to transfer a section…
Buffalo Wing Factory offers dine in and carry-out options for the Big Game with smashburgers, wings, pizzas, a revised cocktail menu and more.
Reston’s Pet of the Week is Sky, a loving and curious pup looking for a new home. Here’s what his friends at Safe Haven Puppy Rescue had to say…