The event benefits the Reston Chorale.
Five gardens spread out over three Reston neighborhoods will be part of the tour.
“Selected with the help of the Reston Garden Club, the five private gardens feature intriguing plantings, hardscapes, water features, and surprises. All of these properties have successfully faced the challenges of gardening in Reston such as slopes, erosion, clay soil, shade and deer,” organizers said in a press release.
The gardens featured on the tour will include, as described by organizers:
- The O’Connor garden in the North Point neighborhood, a newly created design and installation completed in October 2016 by Hidden Lane Landscaping.
- The Haukness garden in North Point, ideally framing their waterfront location with a design created by Hidden Lane Landscaping in 2003.
- The Carson garden, established with the owner’s dedication, replete with plantings and features, in the Dogwood neighborhood.
- The Wulff garden, with unique structures and plantings on the front grade of their custom-built home near the lake in the South Lakes neighborhood.
- The Bond garden in the South Lakes neighborhood, a sanctuary created over time with the homeowners’ talented touch and gardening skills.
Tours are self-conducted and can be taken at one’s own pace between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. A map will be given at the visitor’s first stop, and visitors must transport themselves between the five stops. Those who purchase their tickets before June 2 can have a map mailed to them in advance of the event.
Following the tours, an open house will be conducted by Hidden Lane Landscaping in Herndon from 4 to 6 p.m., with light refreshments and music by the Reston Chorale.
Tickets are $20 and benefit the Reston Chorale.
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…
A solar energy-powered lamp post (via Sandra Parra/Unsplash) Fairfax County has committed to becoming carbon-neutral by 2050, and now, it has a plan to achieve that goal. The Fairfax County…
A furnished 1 BD/1 BA condo was recently listed for rent. The renovated unit comes with assigned garage parking.