The second phase of Reston Hospital Center’s master plan for expansion will begin next month, the Washington Business Journal reports.
According to Reston Hospital Center, the work will include:
- A new parking garage from of the West Wing Entrance (two levels underground and two above) to allow for more convenient parking for patients and visitors
- A new patient tower and state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit, located above the Emergency Room
- Expansion of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Expansion and renovation of Women and Children’s Services, including the Level III NICU
- A second catheterization lab
- refurbishment to the lobbies, cafeteria and other patient-support areas located on the main level of the hospital, along with the addition of a new visitor corridor
The work is budgeted to cost about $72 million, the WBJ reports. These plans were announced in early 2016.
Between 2012 and 2015, the Hospital Center invested more than $40 million in the first phase of the expansion. That included a 180,000-square foot LEED-certified medical office building, expansion of the pre-op department and surgical recovery, the addition of a Pediatric Emergency Room, and more.
Reston Hospital Center says phase two of the expansion is expected to take about two years to complete.
Amid a holiday weekend helping to commemorate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., here are the top stories on Reston Now this week. Police: Prisoner with life sentence confesses…
A Chinese restaurant that’s been at a Reston-area shopping plaza for 17 years is closing next month. Hunan East Restaurant told Reston Now that the permanent shuttering is due to…
Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz (Courtesy) When Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz’s family returned to their home country of Angola, he stayed in the U.S. to pursue his dream of running his…
Although the pandemic wreaked havoc on supply chains and labor demands, the state’s massive improvement project along the Route 7 Corridor remains on track. The $313.9 million project will improve…