The second phase of Reston Hospital Center’s master plan for expansion will begin next month, the Washington Business Journal reports.
According to Reston Hospital Center, the work will include:
- A new parking garage from of the West Wing Entrance (two levels underground and two above) to allow for more convenient parking for patients and visitors
- A new patient tower and state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit, located above the Emergency Room
- Expansion of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Expansion and renovation of Women and Children’s Services, including the Level III NICU
- A second catheterization lab
- refurbishment to the lobbies, cafeteria and other patient-support areas located on the main level of the hospital, along with the addition of a new visitor corridor
The work is budgeted to cost about $72 million, the WBJ reports. These plans were announced in early 2016.
Between 2012 and 2015, the Hospital Center invested more than $40 million in the first phase of the expansion. That included a 180,000-square foot LEED-certified medical office building, expansion of the pre-op department and surgical recovery, the addition of a Pediatric Emergency Room, and more.
Reston Hospital Center says phase two of the expansion is expected to take about two years to complete.
Makers Union in Reston Town Center will feature a special holiday bar (courtesy Thompson Hospitality) Makers Union, a restaurant and pub based in Reston Town Center, is welcoming the holidays…
The Foster Glen townhomes in Oak Hill are the only development in Fairfax County currently selling workforce dwelling units at 120% AMI (via Google Maps) In the future, people who…
The restaurant Indochen is slated to open in Reston Town Center next spring (courtesy Indochen) A restaurant that fuses flavors from a different continent is coming soon to Reston Town…
Behind the Rotunda Condominiums in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Low Interest in Virginia’s Medical Cannabis Program — “A new study that takes a close look at Virginia’s medical…