The second phase of Reston Hospital Center’s master plan for expansion will begin next month, the Washington Business Journal reports.
According to Reston Hospital Center, the work will include:
- A new parking garage from of the West Wing Entrance (two levels underground and two above) to allow for more convenient parking for patients and visitors
- A new patient tower and state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit, located above the Emergency Room
- Expansion of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Expansion and renovation of Women and Children’s Services, including the Level III NICU
- A second catheterization lab
- refurbishment to the lobbies, cafeteria and other patient-support areas located on the main level of the hospital, along with the addition of a new visitor corridor
The work is budgeted to cost about $72 million, the WBJ reports. These plans were announced in early 2016.
Between 2012 and 2015, the Hospital Center invested more than $40 million in the first phase of the expansion. That included a 180,000-square foot LEED-certified medical office building, expansion of the pre-op department and surgical recovery, the addition of a Pediatric Emergency Room, and more.
Reston Hospital Center says phase two of the expansion is expected to take about two years to complete.
Virginia General Assembly Convenes for Special Session — “The General Assembly returns on Monday to the Capitol it left 17 months ago as the coronavirus first gripped Virginia…Legislators meeting in…
Before we head into another weekend of changing expectations for wearing masks, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Remains of missing Restonian…
The Reston Town Center Association is among the five honorees selected by ArtsFairfax for its 2021 Arts Awards, an annual celebration of Fairfax County’s arts community. ArtsFairfax, a nonprofit that…
Thank you for subscribing and your continued support of local news.