Here’s a round up of what’s going on in the community this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
- On Friday, enjoy a full day of holiday events during the 27th annual Reston Holiday Parade, which runs from 8 a.m. through 10 p.m. at Reston Town Center. The complete schedule is available online.
- South Lakes High School’s varsity football team plays in the Northern Region Championship at 1 p.m. on Saturday. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are $7 each. No backpacks, outside food and drink, bats and ball are allowed in the stadium.
- Community Canteen is offering a Black Friday brunch between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Friday. The menu includes omelets, sandwiches, Belgian waffles, and more.
- Mon Ami Gabi is also offering a Black Friday Brunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A book signing with Joan Waites and Lezlie Evants at Scrawl Books is set for Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Drag and contemporary artist Tennessee Loveless will be available for a book signing and the release of new art on Friday and Saturday from 2 – 6 p.m. at ArtInsights Gallery on 11921 Freedom Drive.
- See the annual Gingerbread Village display at Hyatt Regency in Reston through January 4.
- Drop by for a night of family fun at the Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday. The entry free is $12 for Reston residents and $26 for all others. Groups of six or more must pre-register by calling 703-390-6150.
- Sharpen your logic skills as you follow clues left by a wild turkey in the Turkey Trail at the Walker Nature Center on Saturday. RA members pay $5 and all others pay $7. Children must be accompanied by a registered adult.
- On Sunday, find your glamour look for holidays parties at the Mary Kay Holiday Glamour event at Scout & Molly’s from 2 – 6 p.m.
Editor’s Note: This is an abridged list. If you know of other events, please comment below.