Here’s a round up of what’s going on in the community this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
- On Friday, enjoy a full day of holiday events during the 27th annual Reston Holiday Parade, which runs from 8 a.m. through 10 p.m. at Reston Town Center. The complete schedule is available online.
- South Lakes High School’s varsity football team plays in the Northern Region Championship at 1 p.m. on Saturday. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are $7 each. No backpacks, outside food and drink, bats and ball are allowed in the stadium.
- Community Canteen is offering a Black Friday brunch between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Friday. The menu includes omelets, sandwiches, Belgian waffles, and more.
- Mon Ami Gabi is also offering a Black Friday Brunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A book signing with Joan Waites and Lezlie Evants at Scrawl Books is set for Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Drag and contemporary artist Tennessee Loveless will be available for a book signing and the release of new art on Friday and Saturday from 2 – 6 p.m. at ArtInsights Gallery on 11921 Freedom Drive.
- See the annual Gingerbread Village display at Hyatt Regency in Reston through January 4.
- Drop by for a night of family fun at the Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday. The entry free is $12 for Reston residents and $26 for all others. Groups of six or more must pre-register by calling 703-390-6150.
- Sharpen your logic skills as you follow clues left by a wild turkey in the Turkey Trail at the Walker Nature Center on Saturday. RA members pay $5 and all others pay $7. Children must be accompanied by a registered adult.
- On Sunday, find your glamour look for holidays parties at the Mary Kay Holiday Glamour event at Scout & Molly’s from 2 – 6 p.m.
Editor’s Note: This is an abridged list. If you know of other events, please comment below.
Bicyclist crosses Wiehle Avenue in Reston at site of future bridge (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The weekend is almost here. Before the remnants of Hurricane Ian arrive or you…
11925 Triple Crown Road is one of eight houses in the 2022 Reston Home Tour (courtesy Reston Museum) Visitors will have a chance to step into an assortment of Reston…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of the year…
Fairfax County faces a marginal risk of flash flooding from Hurricane Ian (via NOAA) An October weekend once filled with fall events is starting to clear out, as Fairfax County…