Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar. Know of other events in the area? Comment below.
- Enjoy “Cookies with Santa” on Saturday between 9 a.m. and noon at The Lake House. Warm up with hot chocolate and cookies and enjoy festive crafts and activities. Tickets are $12 for Reston Association members and $16 for all others.
- Dar Williams will sign and sign her book “What I Found in 1000 Towns: A Traveling Musician’s Guide to Rebuilding America’s Communities-One Coffee Shop, Dog Run, and Open-Mic Nigh at a Time.” The event will be held at Scrawl Books from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Obi Sushi in Reston Town Center is offering sushi-making classes on Saturday from 2 t0 4 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person. Register by call 703-766-7874.
- Take a trip in a horse-drawn carriage on Sunday from 4 to 9 p.m. at Reston Town Center. Tickets are $5 per person. Children under 5 ride free.
- Holiday performances continue this weekend at Reston Town Center. On Friday, Oak Hill Middle School’s sixth grade chorus performs at 7 p.m. The Northern Virginia Ukulele Society will perform from noon to 12:45 p.m on Saturday and on Sunday at noon.
- An opening reception to celebrate the exhibition of Paulina Peavy’s work, which illustrates her personal ontology, will be held on Saturday from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Hop onto a mini-train on Sunday at Reston Town Center on Market Street near Clyde’s. Train rides will run from noon to 4 p.m.
- Alan Tom will launch his new children’s book “Bugaboo and Buzz Buzz into the Toilet of Doom” on Sunday at Scrawl Books from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Dancers of all skills are welcome to join in on a Sunday full of dance from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods. Registration is $5 for Reston residents and $10 for all others.
- Children can shop for gifts at Santa’s Christmas Shop at United Christian Parish (11506 North Shore Drive) from 2 to 5 p.m. on Sunday. The event is open to all ages.
- Celebrate the season with Santa and friends at Frying Pan Farm Park. Programs begin at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. The cost is $8 per person. All children must be accompanied by a registered adult.
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…
A solar energy-powered lamp post (via Sandra Parra/Unsplash) Fairfax County has committed to becoming carbon-neutral by 2050, and now, it has a plan to achieve that goal. The Fairfax County…
A furnished 1 BD/1 BA condo was recently listed for rent. The renovated unit comes with assigned garage parking.