Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar. Know of other events in the area? Comment below.
- Enjoy “Cookies with Santa” on Saturday between 9 a.m. and noon at The Lake House. Warm up with hot chocolate and cookies and enjoy festive crafts and activities. Tickets are $12 for Reston Association members and $16 for all others.
- Dar Williams will sign and sign her book “What I Found in 1000 Towns: A Traveling Musician’s Guide to Rebuilding America’s Communities-One Coffee Shop, Dog Run, and Open-Mic Nigh at a Time.” The event will be held at Scrawl Books from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Obi Sushi in Reston Town Center is offering sushi-making classes on Saturday from 2 t0 4 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person. Register by call 703-766-7874.
- Take a trip in a horse-drawn carriage on Sunday from 4 to 9 p.m. at Reston Town Center. Tickets are $5 per person. Children under 5 ride free.
- Holiday performances continue this weekend at Reston Town Center. On Friday, Oak Hill Middle School’s sixth grade chorus performs at 7 p.m. The Northern Virginia Ukulele Society will perform from noon to 12:45 p.m on Saturday and on Sunday at noon.
- An opening reception to celebrate the exhibition of Paulina Peavy’s work, which illustrates her personal ontology, will be held on Saturday from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Hop onto a mini-train on Sunday at Reston Town Center on Market Street near Clyde’s. Train rides will run from noon to 4 p.m.
- Alan Tom will launch his new children’s book “Bugaboo and Buzz Buzz into the Toilet of Doom” on Sunday at Scrawl Books from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Dancers of all skills are welcome to join in on a Sunday full of dance from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods. Registration is $5 for Reston residents and $10 for all others.
- Children can shop for gifts at Santa’s Christmas Shop at United Christian Parish (11506 North Shore Drive) from 2 to 5 p.m. on Sunday. The event is open to all ages.
- Celebrate the season with Santa and friends at Frying Pan Farm Park. Programs begin at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. The cost is $8 per person. All children must be accompanied by a registered adult.
Reston’s annual Founder’s Day returns next month (courtesy Reston Museum) Reston’s annual Founder’s Day celebration will return to Lake Anne Plaza on Saturday, April 15 from 10 a.m. to 4…
Get ready for a new summer Pickleball League at The Boro Tysons! Join DC Fray on Wednesday evenings to play some pickleball. Also, cornhole leagues will be returning to the…
This sponsored column is written by the team at Arrowine & Cheese (4508 Cherry Hill Road in Arlington). Sign up for the email newsletter and receive exclusive discounts and offers. Experience Arrowine’s Tastings & Events. Have…
Afternoon rush-hour traffic clogs up Dolley Madison Boulevard at the Ingleside Avenue intersection in McLean (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County could be taking some notes from New York…