(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Family Splash at Reston Community Center Pool: Drop in for a night of family fun at the family splash the Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center from 7 – 9 p.m. today. The entry fee is $13 for Reston residents and $26 for all others.
- New Year’s Day 5K: Kick off 2018 with a run from Reston Town Center, which includes music, food, awards and a celebration to end the race. The program begins at 10 a.m.
- Paulina Peavy – A Message to Paulina: In this exhibit, Paulina Peavy’s work will be on display through Feb. 17 at Greater Reston Arts Center. Peavy gave up control of her brush to an alien entitty named Locamo after attending a seance in 1932. Her work includes paintings, films and texts that she used to better channel Lacamo’s energy.
- Far East Echoes – Broad Brushstrokes and Loving Details: See 50 Chinese brush paintings powered by expressive lines and gestural movement embodied in plants and animals at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods (2310 Colts Neck Road) through January 4. The exhibit features local artist Tracie Griffith Tso.
- Last Sunday Brunch Adventure Ride: The Reston Bike Club will host its final adventure ride for the year on sunday from 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group will meet at the intersection of Old Reston Avenue with the Washington & Old Dominion Trail.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Clyde’s: Celebrate the beginning of 2018 at Clyde’s (11906 Market St.) from Sunday at 10 p.m. through 2 a.m. on Monday. Tickets are $125 per person and include food, drinking, dancing, party favors and midnight champagne toast.
- Lake Anne Coffee House Special: Enjoy a four-course dinner special at Lake Anne Coffee House on New Year’s Eve. Email [email protected] for reservations.
- Annual Pajama Brunch at Mon Ami Gabi (11950 Democracy Drive): Dine in your pajamas and receive a gift certificate the value of the your meal for a future visit on Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The last seating of the pajama brunch is at 3 p.m.
The Vienna Presbyterian Church opened for visitors during the town’s annual Church Street Holiday Stroll (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Apple Store to Leave Fair Oaks Mall — “Apple Inc….
An office building in Tysons displays a U.S. flag on an electronic sign (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Electronic signs on display at eligible businesses, schools and other establishments can…
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association’s Board of Directors has increased the annual member assessment by 7% as part of its $22.1 million budget for next year….
Updated at 3:10 p.m. — Amadou “Niko” Diop has been found and is safe after being reported missing in Great Falls yesterday, Fairfax County police announced. Earlier: An 18-year-old who…