Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.
- ArtSpace Herndon presents a book signing with Eileen Curtis, who recently retired after serving as the Dulles Chamber of Commerce President and CEO for 23 years, on Saturday at 2 p.m. Her book, Chamber Tales: A Memoir of Commerce, Community and Stunning Forces of Change, tells personal details about the leaders with whom she worked over the last two decades.
- On Saturday, children between the ages of 5 and 12 can bring their winter-themed artwork to Reston Regional Library for display. Only one submission per artist per season is allowed.
- Join the Walker Nature Center for a half-day annual bird count throughout Reston from 7 a.m. through noon on Sunday. Volunteers are invited to enjoy a free launch, tally results and swap stories back at Nature House.
- This week’s Sunday service at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Reston will center around the theme, “The Lives We Lead” at 10 a.m. The church is located at 1625 Wiehle Avenue.
- Reston’s Used Book Shop (1623 Washington Plaza) is celebrating its 40th anniversary on Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. The store opened on Jan. 7, 1978.
- Restoration Church (1501 Becontree Lane) is also celebrating an anniversary this Sunday form 10 to 11 a.m. The church turns three this year. The celebration will include activities for kids, a photo booth and a birthday cake.
- Reston artist Rudy Guernica’s exhibit “Lost in the Woods” will be in the Jo Ann Rose Gallery at Reston Community Center Lake Anne from Jan. 9 through February 4. The gallery is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. through 8 p.m.
- In the exhibit, “Paulina Peavy: A Message to Paulina,” Paulina Peavy’s work will be on display through Feb. 17 at Greater Reston Arts Center. Peavy gave up control of her brush to an alien entity named Locamo after attending a seance in 1932. Her work includes paintings, films and texts that she used to better channel Lacamo’s energy.
- Congregation Beth Emeth (12523 Lawyers Road) is holding a free session on caring for caregivers on Sunday from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. The program is led by Rabbi Steve Glazer, who has established a consulting firm that specializes in the topic.
Reston Association headquarters (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association has adopted a new strategic plan that aims to continue the vision of Reston’s founder Bob Simon over the next…
Updated at 3:55 p.m. — Fairfax Connector service will stay suspended at least through this weekend (Feb. 24-25) as drivers and mechanics continue their strike, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation…
FCPS Central Office in Merrifield (staff photo by James Jarvis) Fairfax County Public Schools is seeking a solution to its ballooning student meal debt, which soared over the past year….
A turkey vulture in flight in the West Ox Road area (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Cell Phone Service Restored After Outage — Phone service has been restored after a…