(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Take a splash with the family at The Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center at RCC Hunters Woods tonight from 7-9 p.m.. Cost for a group up to 5 people is $13 for Reston families and $24 for non-Reston families.
- Not up for a swim? Relax and watch an environmental documentary that organizers said, “address[es]local environmental issues, challenge[es] us to think globally and celebrate[s] the natural world around us.” The film is free with $5 suggested donation and will screen from 7-9 p.m. at the Walker Nature Center tonight.
- Start planning your summer at the Reston Camp Expo on Saturday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.. There will be snacks, music, games, prizes and resources on registration dates and camp requirements.
- As Groundhog Day approaches, spend the day at Frying Pan Farm Park and visit a groundhog burrow, learn groundhog facts and do other fun activities. The event runs from 2-3:30 p.m. on Sunday and tickets cost $8 per person. You can register for the event here.
- Spend your Sunday evening listening to Bluegrass band Mile Twelve at Frying Pan Farm Park. The concert is a part of the Bluegrass Barn series at Frying Pan’s Visitor Center and tickets will cost $18 per person and $20 at the door. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m.. You can register here.
- All weekend foodies can enjoy discounted meals at four Reston restaurants as a part of this year’s Metropolitan Washington Winter Restaurant Week. Restaurants will offer $22 three-course lunch and brunch menus as well as a $35 three-course dinner menu. The following Reston restaurants are participating: McCormick & Schmick’s (11920 Democracy Drive), Morton’s The Steakhouse (11956 Market Street), The Melting Pot (11730 Plaza America Drive) and Passion Fish (11960 Democracy Drive).
- Check out the recurring art exhibit “Paulina Peavy: A message to Paulina” this weekend at the Greater Reston Arts Center. Peavy was a trained artist who believed an alien controlled her brush after she attended a seance in 1932. Peavy’s mediums include paper, paintings, films, texts and numerous masks.
Photo via Frying Pan Farm Park
Dranesville District Supervisor John Foust and others cut a ribbon to celebrate The Residence at Colvin Run’s opening (photo courtesy of The Residence at Colvin Run) A much-discussed senior living…
Herndon will work with Fairfax Water to add a pump station next to the police station (via Town of Herndon) A pump station proposed for the Herndon Police Department site…
Railroad tracks are elevated above Lake Accotink Park (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Retired Priest Found Not Guilty of Sexual Abuse — “Terry Wayne Specht, 69, of Pennsylvania was found…
This sponsored column is written by the team at Arrowine & Cheese (4508 Cherry Hill Road in Arlington). Sign up for the email newsletter and receive exclusive discounts and offers. Experience Arrowine’s Tastings & Events. Have…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.