(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Get your costume and a warm towel ready for the 11th annual “Freezin’ for a Reason Virginia Polar Dip” on Saturday at Lake Anne Plaza. The event in Reston will kick off at noon. The dip will begin at 2 p.m.
- Children between the ages of three and five can play with light and shadow during the Walker Nature Center’s Shadow Puppet Production on Saturday from 10-11 a.m. Registration is $6 for RA members and $8 for all others.
- Let your inner sleuth free and dive into the selection of books available at the Reston Friends Mystery and Adventure Book Sale on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Reston Regional Library. The sale will continue on Sunday from 1-3:30 p.m.
- In the mood for a movie and not a book? Experience the film “The Color Purple” on Saturday from 2-4 p.m. at Reston Regional Library. The screening is part of the library’s “book to movie” series.
- Enjoy a free wine tasting at Chesapeake Chocolates at Lake Anne Plaza from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday. Ten percent of all sales will be donated to the polar dip.
- In good deed opportunities this month, donate formal wear and accessories for the 16th annual Dive Central Dress Drive. Reston Community Center is accepting donations through Feb. 28 at its Hunters Woods and Lake Anne locations.
- Join the South Lakes Chorus Department for the 13th year of Broadway Night. This year’s production, “Curtains Up Cabaret,” features more than 80 South Lakes High School students. Performances are scheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the Little Theatre at SLHS. Tickets are $15 at the door.
- Check out the recurring art exhibit “Paulina Peavy: A message to Paulina” this weekend at the Greater Reston Arts Center. Peavy was a trained artist who believed an alien controlled her brush after she attended a seance in 1932. Peavy’s mediums include paper, paintings, films, texts and numerous masks.
The Arrowbrook Centre development plan (via Arrowbrooke Centre LLC) Arrowbrook Centre, an anchoring mixed-use neighborhood near the Innovation Center Metro station, is moving one step forward to completion. Several pieces…
The new Barnes and Noble in Spectrum at Reston Town Center opens next week (via Barnes & Noble/Instagram) There’s less than a week left until Barnes & Noble will officially…
(Updated at 10:30 a.m.) It’s another day of poor air quality for Fairfax County and the rest of the D.C. area. As wildfires continue to burn in Canada, the resulting…
Haze turns the sky orange over the Vienna Metro station garage (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Air Quality Issues Continue Today — “Due to the wildfires in Canada, a Code…