(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Get your costume and a warm towel ready for the 11th annual “Freezin’ for a Reason Virginia Polar Dip” on Saturday at Lake Anne Plaza. The event in Reston will kick off at noon. The dip will begin at 2 p.m.
- Children between the ages of three and five can play with light and shadow during the Walker Nature Center’s Shadow Puppet Production on Saturday from 10-11 a.m. Registration is $6 for RA members and $8 for all others.
- Let your inner sleuth free and dive into the selection of books available at the Reston Friends Mystery and Adventure Book Sale on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Reston Regional Library. The sale will continue on Sunday from 1-3:30 p.m.
- In the mood for a movie and not a book? Experience the film “The Color Purple” on Saturday from 2-4 p.m. at Reston Regional Library. The screening is part of the library’s “book to movie” series.
- Enjoy a free wine tasting at Chesapeake Chocolates at Lake Anne Plaza from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday. Ten percent of all sales will be donated to the polar dip.
- In good deed opportunities this month, donate formal wear and accessories for the 16th annual Dive Central Dress Drive. Reston Community Center is accepting donations through Feb. 28 at its Hunters Woods and Lake Anne locations.
- Join the South Lakes Chorus Department for the 13th year of Broadway Night. This year’s production, “Curtains Up Cabaret,” features more than 80 South Lakes High School students. Performances are scheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the Little Theatre at SLHS. Tickets are $15 at the door.
- Check out the recurring art exhibit “Paulina Peavy: A message to Paulina” this weekend at the Greater Reston Arts Center. Peavy was a trained artist who believed an alien controlled her brush after she attended a seance in 1932. Peavy’s mediums include paper, paintings, films, texts and numerous masks.
LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual/agender, and other gender and sexual minority identities (via Sharon McCutcheon/Unsplash) Students and staff in the LGBTQIA+ community expressed relief yesterday…
With giving Tuesday on the horizon, the season of charity and gift-giving has arrived. A number of local organizations have launched year-end campaigns and donations drives. We’ve rounded up some…
Meet Comical Coco, an adult chi mix, a 15-pound happy little guy who is reportedly great with other dogs and kids. Here’s what Stone’s friends at Safe Haven Puppy Rescue…
With Thanksgiving on the horizon, many local entities and organizations will be closed. Fairfax County government offices and Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 25)…