(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Get your fill of books and booze at a happy hour book signing at Mon Ami Gabi (11950 Democracy Drive) on Friday from 5-7 p.m. where local authors Chuck Cascio, Kristina Small Alcorn, Erik MacDicken, and Nathan Leslie will be around to sign their books.
- Need some for mindful practices in your life? Then check out the mindfulness workshop to learn some simple tools to build calm and focus at the Thomas Jefferson Library from 10-11 a.m. on Saturday.
- Grab some used books at the used book sale at the Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The book sale will continue at the same time on Sunday and that day you can fill up a bag of used books for $10.
- Take an exploratory hike or participate in an indoor Nature House program as a part of the Raptor Exploration at the Walker Nature Center. The event starts at 10:30 a.m. at Saturday and tickets cost $7 for Reston Association members and $9 for non-members.
- Join Better Said than Done, a local storytelling group, share stories of overcoming adversity and celebrating women’s history at the City of Fairfax Regional Library at 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Saturday.
- Mystery novel fan? Then you can meet Libby Klein, Sherry Harris and Maya Corrigan who will be talking about their mystery series for Kensington and sign their latest books. They will be at Scrawl Books (11911 Freedom Drive) starting at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
- Watch “Fried Green Tomatoes” as a part of Reston Regional Library’s Fantastic Films: Book to Movie series. The screening will be on Saturday from 2-4 p.m.
- The Freedom for Family Wellness Summit is being held from Thursday through Sunday at the Hyatt Regency Reston with this year’s theme being “Align. Connect. Act.” The event connects leaders in family chiropractic lifestyle and the holistic health movement.
- Are you a poet? Then stop by the poetry workshop with the Northern Virginia Poetry Group at the Centreville Regional Library on Saturday from 3-5 p.m. where your work will be shared, critiqued and revised.
- Join the Reston Chorale for their performance “Out of the Shadows” on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the RCC Hunter Woods in the Community Room. The choir will be showcasing contemporary and classical choral works by female composers.
- The Reston Ten Miler presented by Fidelity Investments will be held Sunday at 8 a.m. at South Lakes High School. Online registration closes at 8 p.m. today.
- Meet the candidates for the Reston Association Board of Directors at The Lake House (11450 Baron Cameron Ave.) on Sunday from noon to 2 p.m.
Photo via Potomac River Running
Herndon is moving toward examining mixed-use possibilities near the pending Herndon Metro station and expects to use money from private landowners to “study” the area. Under the agreement, certain property…
Fairfax County’s logo on the government center (via Machvee/Flickr) For the first time in decades, Fairfax County workers have collective bargaining powers. The county Board of Supervisors passed an ordinance…
Consulting Company to Expand in Reston — IT consulting firm Intact Technology will expand its headquarters in Reston by adding 40 new jobs and investing at least $700,000. The state…
The 10th Washington West Film Festival is back in-person after being canceled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will feature 31 films being shown from Thursday through Monday…