(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Teachers and children alike can attend the Reston Friend Children’s and Educators Book Sale on Friday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Reston Regional Library in the Reston Meeting Room 1 and 2.
- Looking for live music? Check out Jeff Smith and Tim White perform country, rock, folk and pop classics along with their original songs on Friday at 5:30 p.m. at Kalypso’s. The concert is free.
- Learn how the farm animals at Kidwell Farm settle down for the evening during a night tour of the farm on Friday and Saturday from 7-8 p.m. The tour will cost you $10.
- Go to the theatre and watch “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” performed by the Reston Community Players at the CenterStage Friday through Sunday. Friday and Saturday’s shows start at 8 p.m. and Sunday’s show starts at 2 p.m.
- Help remove weeds that target Reston wildlife as a part of the Reston Association’s “Habitat Heroes” program. To help out, meet at the asphalt path near the intersection of Fieldview Drive and Stones Throw Drive at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
- Have your kids learn about how to make more green practices at home with the Reston Association’s “Go Green” nature program. The program on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. costs $6 for RA members and $8 for non-members.
- Create a blanket for children facing trauma or illness as a part of Project Linus’s Make-a-Blanket Day. The event is on Saturday from 1-5 p.m. and you must RSVP to 571-643 -3248 or [email protected].
- Come to Scrawl Books to hear New York Times bestselling author L.M. Elliott discuss her new book Hamilton and Peggy!: A Revolutionary Friendship. The event is on Saturday from 4-6 p.m.
- Take a stroll through Reston’s most beautiful natural areas while searching for birds with the Reston Association on Sunday starting at 7:30 a.m. The group will meet in the Brown’s Chapel parking lot.
- The Bike Lane is holding a women’s only class on bike maintenance on Sunday from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The class costs $25, but The Bike Lane will be giving $25 gift cards for the store.
- Need some more balance in your life? Attend a meditation workshop presented by Sahaja Yoga on Sunday at 11 a.m. at 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive.
- Spend your day watching the performance of Peter & the Wolf and Carnival of the Animals featuring dancers from the Conservatory Ballet of Reston. The performance is on Sunday from 4-5:30, and tickets are available here.
- The Reston Community Orchestra will be holding a family concert Sunday from 4-5:15 p.m. featuring young musicians at the
- Looking for a holistic approach to addressing an illness, strained relationship, anxiety or other woe? The Dranesville United Methodist Church is holding a healing service on Sunday from 7-8 p.m.
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
Jersey Mike’s is set to open at Seneca Corner in Great Falls (courtesy Republic Land Development) Another fast food option will soon be open in Great Falls. Jersey Mike’s Subs…