(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- Teachers and children alike can attend the Reston Friend Children’s and Educators Book Sale on Friday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Reston Regional Library in the Reston Meeting Room 1 and 2.
- Looking for live music? Check out Jeff Smith and Tim White perform country, rock, folk and pop classics along with their original songs on Friday at 5:30 p.m. at Kalypso’s. The concert is free.
- Learn how the farm animals at Kidwell Farm settle down for the evening during a night tour of the farm on Friday and Saturday from 7-8 p.m. The tour will cost you $10.
- Go to the theatre and watch “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” performed by the Reston Community Players at the CenterStage Friday through Sunday. Friday and Saturday’s shows start at 8 p.m. and Sunday’s show starts at 2 p.m.
- Help remove weeds that target Reston wildlife as a part of the Reston Association’s “Habitat Heroes” program. To help out, meet at the asphalt path near the intersection of Fieldview Drive and Stones Throw Drive at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
- Have your kids learn about how to make more green practices at home with the Reston Association’s “Go Green” nature program. The program on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. costs $6 for RA members and $8 for non-members.
- Create a blanket for children facing trauma or illness as a part of Project Linus’s Make-a-Blanket Day. The event is on Saturday from 1-5 p.m. and you must RSVP to 571-643 -3248 or [email protected].
- Come to Scrawl Books to hear New York Times bestselling author L.M. Elliott discuss her new book Hamilton and Peggy!: A Revolutionary Friendship. The event is on Saturday from 4-6 p.m.
- Take a stroll through Reston’s most beautiful natural areas while searching for birds with the Reston Association on Sunday starting at 7:30 a.m. The group will meet in the Brown’s Chapel parking lot.
- The Bike Lane is holding a women’s only class on bike maintenance on Sunday from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The class costs $25, but The Bike Lane will be giving $25 gift cards for the store.
- Need some more balance in your life? Attend a meditation workshop presented by Sahaja Yoga on Sunday at 11 a.m. at 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive.
- Spend your day watching the performance of Peter & the Wolf and Carnival of the Animals featuring dancers from the Conservatory Ballet of Reston. The performance is on Sunday from 4-5:30, and tickets are available here.
- The Reston Community Orchestra will be holding a family concert Sunday from 4-5:15 p.m. featuring young musicians at the
- Looking for a holistic approach to addressing an illness, strained relationship, anxiety or other woe? The Dranesville United Methodist Church is holding a healing service on Sunday from 7-8 p.m.
Vienna bookstore Bards Alley is participating in the town’s holiday decorating contest (photo by Amy Woolsey) I-66 HOV Change Starts Today — “The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reminds travelers…
The Barton Hill Recreation Area in Reston is slated for upgrades (via Google Maps) Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
A public art piece inspired by the connectivity and energy of atoms has been erected in Reston Town Center’s Hyatt Park. Called “Vidustria,” the installation is drawn from the word…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.