Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar. Know of other events in the area? Comment below.
- Getting hitched in the near future? Then you might want to check out the Spring Bridal Show going on at Midtown Jewelers all weekend. The show runs from 12-8 p.m. on Friday, from 10 a.m – 7 p.m. on Saturday and from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Attend the free screening of The Babushkas of Chernobyl, which details the lives of a small community of women who live in the radioactive Dead Zone around Chernobyl’s Reactor No. 4. The screening will be at the Walker Nature Center on Friday from 7-8:30 p.m.
- Does your child want to learn how to fish? Then take them to the free program of Kids Trout Fishing Day on Saturday from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Check-in will be near the 7-11 on Soapstone Drive. Registration is encouraged.
- Celebrate Easter a week early and bring your kids to the EGGnormous Egg Hunt at the Sunrise Valley Elementary School on Saturday from 10-11:30 a.m. The free event is for infants through children 8 years old.
- Hunt for some eggs with your kids and pet some animals at the Frying Pan Park Visitor Center for the Easter Eggstravaganza on Saturday starting at 10 a.m. Registration is required and the event costs $8.
- The Diva Central Event will be offering free formal and prom dresses for teens in middle and high school this Saturday at the RCC Lake Anne from 12-6 p.m.
- Want to attend the March for Our Lives in DC? The Unitarian Universalist Church in Reston is organizing a group to take the Metro together into DC to participate in the march demanding more gun control on Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. Make sure to contact the church if you want to join.
- Looking for an aquatic twist on Easter Egg hunts? Then let your kid take a dive for eggs on Saturday at the Herndon Community Center pool between 1-4:30 p.m. Registration is suggested and entry for one adult and child together is $10.
- Learn about the life of “Angel of the Battlefield” Clara Barton from a park ranger of the Clara Barton National Historic Site in Glen Echo at the Reston Regional Library Saturday from 2-3:30 p.m.
- Immerse yourself in the sounds of 7-12 metal rings in a sound bath meditation from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Saturday at Bikram Yoga Reston.
- For $20, you can see the vintage country/western band Billy & Bob Country Classic Show perform at the ArtSpace Herndon on Saturday from 7-9 p.m. Tickets include free food and drink.
- Award-winning journalist, author of three non-fiction books and former South Lakes High School teacher Chuck Cascio will be reading from his latest novel “The Fire Escape Belongs in Brooklyn” at Scrawl Books Sunday at 2 p.m.
- It’s crime fiction evening with Josh Pachter, Meg Opperman and Barb Goffman for Reston Readings’ night at Reston’s Used Book Shop on Sunday from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Fan of the blues? Check out the blues/rock-n-roll/Americana band By & By at Frying Pan Park’s Visitor Center on Sunday at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance and $20 at the door.
Photo via Reston Community Center
Construction on The Rylan apartments in the Highland District (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Fairfax County is moving forward with an update to its affordable housing policy that could ensure…
Journalist Bob Woodward at the Washington West Film Festival’s 40th anniversary screening for “All the President’s Men” (courtesy of Washington West Film Festival) The movie world’s annual parade of fall…
Herndon Town Manager Bill Ashton presents the town’s fiscal year 2022 annual report (via Town of Herndon) The Town of Herndon hasn’t missed a single trash day during the COVID-19…
Thinking about taking the next step in your career? The Arlington-based Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University offers flexible part-time or full-time options for graduate certificate…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.