75°Overcast

House Fire Caused by Unattended Grill

by RestonNow.com April 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm 7 Comments

 


A fire that engulfed a home on the 11900 block Grey Squirrel Lane Saturday night was caused by an unattended charcoal grill, according to the Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department.

Firefighters battled the blaze at around 9 p.m. on Saturday (April 14).  A major fire was visible when units arrived on the scene.

Three occupants were in the two-story single family home during the incident, but no one was injured. They evacuated the home prior to the department’s arrival.

Damages are estimated as $202,500. Red Cross assistance was offered and declined by the residents.

The grill was located under the deck of the back of the home.

Photos via Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department

  • johnQPublic

    Incredible place to keep the grill.

  • Greg McCormick

    The grill was under the dead?

    • Now they dead

      Yea cuz they declined red crss assistant

      • Mike M

        Dear sir or ma’am,

        I am a recuriter for Reston Now and I’d like to speak with you about an editing position. You seem to have the skills we seek.

        Mike M

        • Greg

          Um, about that extra period and your missing comma.

          And, pshaw on passive voice.

  • Michelle Parlier

    Who was dead? Were they trying to roast someone?

  • EliteinReston

    When I heard the fire started in the rear of the house, I suspected a grill or a fire pit was the cause. Thank you for following up on this. I hope the word gets out.

×

Subscribe to our mailing list