Friday Night Live! (FNL!), Herndon’s free outdoor concert series, returns on Fridays now through August 24. Held on the town green next to the Herndon Municipal Center, the concert series features local bands from across the East Coast.
FNL! is produced by the Herndon Chamber of Commerce and presented by the lead sponsor, Volkswagen Group of America, along with other sponsors like United Bank and Budlight.
Domino’s Pizza and TurCuisine offer food at the event and Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern and Egg Karne provide food on rotating schedules. A featured beer is selected each month.
The schedule for the event, which runs from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., is below. FNL! will not take place on June 1 due to the Herndon Festival.
- May 11: Gonzo’s Nose (band reunion)
- May 18: LauraLea & Tripp Fabulous
- May 25: Here’s to the Night
- June 8: Love Seed Mama Jump
- June 15: GoodMan Fiske
- June 22: keeton
- June 29: Drop Dead Sexy
- July 6: Shane Gamble Band + Scott Kurt & Memphis 59
- July 13: Kristen and the Noise
- July 20: Herr Metal + Dr. FU
- July 27: JunkFood
- August 3: The Reflex
- August 10: Almost Journey + South Bay
- August 17: Screaming Monkeys
- August 24: Social Call
File photo by Laura B. Poindexter