Reston Concerts on the Town, a weekly free summer concerts series at Reston Center, is back for its 28th year. The event, which includes concerts from June 2 through August 25 on Saturdays from 7:30-10 p.m., features local and national acts.
Parking is free and the event is made possible by a grant from Reston Town Center Association and support from Boston Properties, RTC’s owner.
The 2018 lineup is available online.
A number of new performers include the Blues Beatles, a blues band based in Brazil; Good Shot Judy, a band that performs swing and jazz; the T Sisters, a trio of sisters from California who have formed an acoustic band; and the U.S. Navy Sea Chanters, the U.S. Navy’s official chorus.
Returning favorites, as described by organizers, include:
- Leonard, Coleman & Blunt—The former lead singers of The Temptations, The Platters & The Drifters and their big band will take you on a musical journey of your favorite Motown and doo-wop hits. They’ll kick off the series on June 2.
- Scythian – These raucous roots-rockers blend Celtic and klezmer for a high-energy, dynamic show. Come see these world-class fiddlers rock Reston on July 14.
- Local jazz favorite Chuck Redd returns on June 23 with very special guests: jazz harmonica virtuoso Hendrik Muerkens, renowned trumpeter/vocalist Byron Stripling (played Satchmo on national tour) and bassist/vocalist Nicki Parrott
- Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band—This Louisiana-based Grammy-winning zydeco band will shake things up on August 4.
- Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.–This 2011 winner of America’s Got Talent, went from car washer to jazz superstar. Back by popular demand, Landau and his big band close out the series on August 25.
Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs and picnics to the concerts. The event takes place in RTC’s pavilion (11900 Market Street).
Photos via Reston Concerts on the Town